Operations - Fund Servicing Manager - Vice President
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
As a Fund Accounting Manager in the Fund Services team, you will be responsible for the overall management of the day to day operations across a number of clients, including full responsibility for Client & Third Party deliverables as documented in the Service Level Agreement (SLA). You will also be required to have oversight of a robust Supervisory Risk & Control Framework covering key control functions in Fund Accounting. In this role, you will also maintain a focus on developing and maintaining strong client relationships and also ensuring effective staff management process, including supervising and coaching all team members, providing open communication through the application of frequent one-on-ones and completion of half-yearly appraisals.
- Client management and satisfaction, involving client query resolution, client meetings, review of SLAs, meeting all deliverables, reviewing client service requirements periodically.
- Overall responsibility to ensure that all deliverables are met - reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Overall responsibility for compliance with documentation requirements and implementation of procedures (including file preparation, archiving, client specific checklists, permanent files and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)) ensuring that all team members are familiar with these).
- Be able to identify and lead change with system development and process improvements. Be able to identify and resolve “hotspots” and areas that are leading to potential “bottlenecks” with a view to improving efficiency.
- Liaising with Relationship Managers and Client Service Managers and ensuring they are informed of all issues that may arise and status of all deliverables and staff movements.
- Liaise with upstream and downstream teams in regard to setting SLAs, resolving issues, and assist with training/ coaching and provide support to ensure that upstream processing/ operations teams provide a quality service.
- Escalate any production, client or staff related issue, concern or query promptly to the Senior Manager and to demonstrate risk awareness at all times.
- Commit to continuous learning program to develop in the role and ensure training requirements are completed annually in a timely manner.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Minimum ten years’ experience in Fund Operations & Unit Trust Pricing (Administration/Management/Accounting)
- Strong systems and technical knowledge of HiPortfolio, InvestOne (or asset management systems)
- Excellent working knowledge of financial markets and instruments, both domestic and international
- Degree level qualification in Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or similar discipline
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Strong PC skills in particular Excel, an advantage.
- Completion of, or currently studying towards, a relevant post graduate qualification (e.g. Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Practising Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Masters of Applied Finance) highly regarded.