Client Operations - Associate
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
As an Associatein the Investment Middle Office Services (iMOS) Client Operations team, you will be responsible for supporting the outsourced middle office function on behalf of our key strategic clients.
The team provides complete end to end operational support to our clients, for all aspects of middle office services. They represent the JPM iMOS service offering, and also act as an extension on behalf of our key strategic clients.
The Client Operations team provides the ability for our clients to leverage JP Morgan’s operational expertise, market leading technology, and data infrastructure in order to manage client’s trade processing, asset servicing, life-cycle event management, collateral management, investment book of records (IBOR) reporting, and client reporting responsibilities.
The iMOS product encompasses a multi-asset class offering that covers listed Equities and Fixed Income securities, OTC derivatives (bilateral and cleared), FXs, and bank loans focusing on the needs of large asset managers.
- Act as the point of escalation and communications conduit between clients and relevant internal teams such as Product, Client Service, Product Development, and Operations teams
- Lead and participate in client meetings that involve monthly service reviews, new client initiatives, and AOB
- Complete assigned BAU tasks pertaining to Client Operations responsibilities
- Maintain and update procedural documentation, ensuring all relevant parties are in sync on new product developments and processes in order to reduce risk and streamline client/internal deliverables
- Review client data metrics and identifying bottlenecks/issues and coming up with solutions to remove high priority issues in a prompt effective manner. That will feed into the preparation and recommendation for proposals to revise methods and procedures, alter work flows, redefine job functions and resolve organisational problems for the client.
- Own and drive execution of all assigned projects and processes from initiation to completion, leading the team through daily risks, issues and blockers
- Maintain effective working relationships with global functional counterparts in Operations, Technology, Service Delivery Management, Product and Client Service on issues initiated by client queries
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Good understanding of superannuation & investment management middle-office and back-office operational activities, ensuring you are able to articulate the post execution workflow across various product types
- Strong working knowledge of financial markets and instruments, both domestic and international particularly in Equities, Fixed Interest, Futures, Options, OTC Derivatives and Foreign Exchange
- Effective and collaborative team player with proven leadership capability across large and complex workstreams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build networks across all levels/areas of the business and most importantly with clients
- Well-developed problem solving capability to drive issues through to resolution, this includes timely response to client, broker and custodian queries
- Proactive approach to identifying and implementing change improvements
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- A tertiary qualification