Investment Middle Office Investment Book of Record Associate
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
As a Investment Book of Record (IBOR) Associate in the Investment Middle Office Services (IMOS) team, you will be responsible for providing a premier service delivery and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the IBOR to our end clients. Additionally, you will liaise with our clients, and / or any associated financial organisations as required, to ensure any issues are resolved to the client’s satisfaction.
The IBOR team, specifically, provides a single, accurate investment portfolio upon which to base investment activities around and is the basis for multiple, dynamic views of positions for front-office functions. IBOR is not simply a data repository supporting the investment function though, it is a processing engine capable of reflecting essentially every type of business event affecting the investment portfolio and is capable of processing these changes as they occur, no matter what their source.
- Act as a point of contact within the Global/Regional IBOR team for a client, or clients, and internal partners to build strong relationships in order to support key interactions and continued premier service delivery
- Participate and lead, where required, in client service reviews and other client meetings
- Ownership and/or oversight of the various components of the daily operational activities essential to the construction and delivery of client reporting (IBOR)
- Be a communication source for escalation of issues, service updates, and progress updates for the Client or across internal partners.
- Seek opportunities and take ownership of initiatives to improve service levels and improved efficiency for J.P. Morgan and the Client
- Maintain robust standard operating policies (SOPs), procedures and guidelines to meet corporate risk and control standards and principles
- Ownership and/or active participation of key projects or tasks to ensure the continued IMOS global strategy is maintained as required.
- Build solid and interactive internal relationships with our global operations partners, client service and other products, including Front Office, Performance & Risk, and Compliance teams
- Work with management to achieve 100% timeliness and accuracy and seamless integration in a ‘follow the sun’ model
- Ability to work cross functionally with technology, service, product and other operations teams to manage the entire IBOR service delivery
- We offer a flexible working environment.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Excellent client facing skills & communication style, comfortable dealing with key clients
- Effective excel skills with experience in VBA or similar.
- Understanding of investment Operations, Trade Services, IBOR, reconciliations or similar operations teams.
- Attested track record of successfully working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload
- Excellent problem solving skills to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
- Ability to be flexible, follow and meet tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work and meet the clients expectations
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly