Investment Banking - Metals and Mining, Associate
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
As an Associate, you will be working in our Global Investment Banking (GIB) business based in Sydney, in the Metals & Mining coverage team. Our team covers metals and mining clients with businesses located in Australia and internationally and work closely with the global J.P. Morgan network. J.P. Morgan is widely regarded as one of the leading investment banks in the Australian market and consistently maintains its position as the leading corporate advisor in domestic and cross-border transactions and capital markets business.
- You will participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations.
- You will play a leadership role in implementing the execution function including working with analysts and associates, as well as assisting more senior bankers.
- You will have strong function skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing own transactions.
- You will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Working with a broader team of over 100 Analysts and Associates in the region, you will be provided opportunities to be involved real-time in transactions that may include frequent travel.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Prior work experience in an investment banking front office role.
- A well-rounded academic background from a top tier educational institution.
- Strong financial modelling skills
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Impeccable communication details with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals, clients and key stakeholders in other line of business.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently