Team Manager - DC Lytton QLD
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Team Manager to join our Distribution Centre in Lytton QLD. The role reports to the Operations Manager, and will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the dispatch team.
The role operates predominantly from Monday to Friday 5am to 1.30pm, with some flexibility if needed. The role holder may be requried to work occasional Saturday (approx. 4-6 hours) and an evening shift if required based on business needs.
What you’ll be doing
As the DC Team Manager you will be responsible for the following;
- Ensuring site safety for everyone, every day by implementing and evaluating safe work practices, adhering to OH&S requirements, improving safety performance, actioning identified hazards and investigating incidents
- Provide leadership and guidance to the dispatch team consisting of Kmart permanent team members and labour hire (3PL).
- Liaising with key external stakeholders such as Toll and internal stakeholders such as Store Managers and Zone Managers
- Execution of daily plans and forward planning
- Monitor and report dispatch department performance statistics and analyse data to find efficiencies
- Provide oversight for carrier scheduling, including managing any necessary updates to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Evaluate and manage performance of employees, including partaking in disciplinary action
- Drive a positive, open and honest culture with a focus on safety, whilst promoting collaborative ways of working cross functionally and developing and training your team to deliver high performance
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Prior experience in Dispatch, with Supply Chain, Logistics, Transport Warehousing or Retail background
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, coach and develop a large team
- Sound knowledge of supply chain operations and systems
- Possess a strong background and commitment to safety and knowledge in OH&S requirements so that you can effectively champion the Kmart values and role model behaviors
- Warehouse Management System knowledge & experience
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Competitive remuneration
- Onsite parking
- A discount card for Kmart, Target, Officeworks and Bunnings, plus other benefits
- An inclusive, fun recognition program
- A bonus program (where eligible)
- Development opportunities across Kmart Group (comprised of Kmart, Target and Catch) as well as the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to do well when applying or working at Kmart, therefore we encourage you to share any feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any adjustments.
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement. Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates – this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.