Senior People & Capability Advisor - Tier 2
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Part time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
The People Advisory team is a team of passionate professionals who provide effective People & Capability case management advice and support to our people leaders on conduct, performance, and other complex people issues. This highly engaged and collaborative team support each other to deliver an exceptional service to all of our team members across Australia and New Zealand, working in a hybrid way that entails working 60% of their time in our National Office.
Please Note: This is a permanent part time role (24 hours/ 3 days per week) and the successful candidate will work a weekly rotating roster of 7am – 4pm, 8:30am - 5:30pm and 10:00am-7:00pm. The week of 10.00am to 7.00pm can be worked fully remotely.
What you’ll be doing
As a Senior People & Capability Advisor working for Kmart Group (includes Kmart and Target) you will:
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to provide People & Capability advice, case management support and guidance on all people matters from the beginning through to resolution stage
- Build, influence, coach, effectively in a team environment
- Navigate through a variety of People and Capability industrial instruments to confidently make decisions, and provide case resolutions for customers
- Coach and support other Advisory Centre team members on complex issues
- Participate in People & Capability projects and tasks
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Significant experience in a People & Capability generalist role - with ER/IR exposure across Australia and New Zealand
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume environment, with the ability to prioritise work
- A pragmatic approach and the ability to problem solve and navigate through complex people matters
- Experience coaching people leaders and team members to enhance their ability to interpret industrial instruments and people policies
- Previously communicated remotely with customers and stakeholders across different states and countries
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a HR generalist role
- A qualification in Human Resources is preferred, although not essential
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible hybrid working options through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy, spending 60% of your week in our National Office
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that's why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program
- Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office
- We offer inclusive parental leave and ongoing support offered though our partnership with Circle In for team members of all backgrounds and family circumstances
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity to fast track your career through our Mentor Program as a Mentee or Mentor
- In-house café that serves breakfast, lunch and includes a collaborative space to work in
- A reflection room that can be used for prayer, meditation, or time for you
- A Kudos recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers to spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes
- Regular product sample sales with loads of discounted items to purchase
- Wesfarmers is Kmart’s parent company and each year eligible employees can elect to purchase shares through a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing email@example.com
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.