People & Capability Business Partner - QLD Fixed Term
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
The QLD People and Capability team is led by an open, transparent and supportive leader, who leads an experienced, capable and dynamic team, who are customer focused, to provide exceptional business partnering to the Zone Managers and State Manager that they support. Please note this is a fixed term contract for eight months.
What you’ll be doing
As a People & Capability Business Partner working for Kmart you will:
- Deliver the key people cyclical activities to a high standard, which include, talent reviews, succession planning, performance reviews, the annual remuneration review and engagement survey’s
- Work on and implement key projects that support the broader people plan
- Support recruitment across the state including the employment of people with disability, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, to support Kmart's diversity and inclusion strategy. This state has already achieved gender balance across leadership roles!
- Provide recommendations and advice on people matters to the stores teams and the Zone Manager that you partner with to make Kmart a great place to work and grow
- Be an effective and positive change agent, who continually champions innovation
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- One to three years’ experience in a generalist role and experience as a specialist in employee relations, learning and development or any other specialist HR field
- The ability to collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders and build rapport quickly
- The ability to work at a fast pace and juggle multiple priorities, in the state that delivers the most sales for Australia's most loved brand
- Experience in facilitating face-to-face learning sessions to increase team member capability
- Capacity to travel in order to support your aligned Zone including regional QLD
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible hybrid working options through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy, spending 60% of your week in our National Office
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that's why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program
- Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office
- We offer inclusive parental leave, a family room and ongoing support offered though our partnership with Circle In for team members of all backgrounds and family circumstances
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity to fast track your career through our Mentor Program as a Mentee or Mentor
- In-house café that serves breakfast, lunch and includes a collaborative space to work in
- A reflection room that can be used for prayer, meditation, or time for you
- A Kudos recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers to spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes
- Regular product sample sales with loads of discounted items to purchase
- Wesfarmers is Kmart’s parent company and each year eligible employees can elect to purchase shares through a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing email@example.com
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.