Design Manager - Kidswear
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to make your mark within our Kidswear portfolio!
Lead our wonderful design team within Kidswear to create fantastic product that brings memorable moments to our customers lives. This is such a great opportunity to shape and design desirable and on-trend product that really has impact!
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to the Head of Design and Forecast, you will be instrumental in setting, leading and co-ordinating our product vison trends to make everyday living brighter for our customers.
Some of the key responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Develop and inspire a high performance team and culture
- Establish objectives and strategies to collaborate with Merchandise Buying Teams to satisfy the target customer in line with business strategy
- Set, lead and co-ordinate product vision trends within Apparel/GM
- Identify, interpret and implement trends using global trends and market to add value through design and sales in line with Kmart handwriting
- Visually articulate and effectively communicate the direction for the season
- Support, collaborate and influence the Merchandise team to crate commercial, customer focused, co-ordinated product ranges that best reflect Kmart’s brand handwriting and taste level
- Continuous improvement of Trend process
To be successful in this role:
We're looking for an experienced, collaborative and passionate design leader who has a real eye for commercial product as well as all things Retail! You love guiding and mentoring a team, customers are always front of mind and building and managing relationships with a variety of key stakeholders is one of your strengths.
To be set up for success in this role, we would ideally love someone with a background in Apparel. You may be a Design Manager in this area already or a Senior Designer who is looking to take the next step in their career and progress their excellent leadership skills.
We'd also love you to have:
- Strong experience within Design and Forecasting
- Proven experience in developing co-ordinated ranges as well as forecast and implement commercial trends
- Strong leadership and values that assists in making the Design function a great place to work and grow together
- Excellent ability to influence and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience within Kidswear would be highly advantageous
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible hybrid working options through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy, spending 60% of your week in our National Office
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that's why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program
- Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office
- We offer inclusive parental leave, a family room and ongoing support offered though our partnership with Circle In for team members of all backgrounds and family circumstances
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity to fast track your career through our Mentor Program as a Mentee or Mentor
- In-house café that serves breakfast, lunch and includes a collaborative space to work in
- A reflection room that can be used for prayer, meditation, or time for you
- A Kudos recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers to spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes
- Regular product sample sales with loads of discounted items to purchase
- Wesfarmers is Kmart’s parent company and each year eligible employees can elect to purchase shares through a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant