Store Inventory Manager - Mt Druitt
Kmart Australia & NZ
Location: Mount Druitt
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
Store Inventory Managers at Kmart are responsible for providing a productive, clean and safe inventory sequence throughout the total store. Starting from the truck being unpacked safely to the dock through to our cages making their way onto the shop floor. This role reports directly into the Store Manager and are the key store support to ensuring quality management of processes and systems across office and back of house inventory.
What you’ll be doing
As a Store Inventory Manager in a Kmart store you will:
- Build, coach and inspire your team
- Manage the inventory cycle within the store
- Forecast, plan and prioritise daily work and resource requirements
- Implement strategies to reduce shrinkage and expenses
- Overseeing safe and efficient inventory management practices across the store
- Enhance the overall customer experience for your community.
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Prior experience in either a big box or a high-volume retail environment
- Passion for delivering results that will motivate your team
- Values that reflect a high level of commitment to ‘safety’, always thinking ‘customer’ and a belief in constantly motivating your team to ‘reach higher’ every day.
- The ability to foster strong relationships with team members, peers, customers, leaders, and business stakeholders.
- Retail administration experience including rostering, stock management and stratetgic planning
- Safety leadership, having driven and championed safety initiatives in a high volume environment.
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Great work life balance - our managers work 1 in 3 weekends
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy
- A discount card for Kmart, Target, Officeworks and Bunnings, plus other benefits
- An inclusive, fun recognition program
- A bonus program (where eligible)
- Development opportunities across Kmart Group (comprised of Kmart, Target and Catch) as well as the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing email@example.com
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
Phone screening and interviews will occur prior to the closing date of this advertisement. Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies. As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates – this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.