Safety Engineer - Supply Chain
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
A unique opportunity to join Kmart’s Supply Chain Function as a Safety Engineer and join a team of experts embarking on a journey of automation. Safety continues to be of paramount importance, hence we are actively seeking an experienced safety engineer who has previously worked in a warehouse automation safety system role to join Kmart.
You will join a fantastic work culture and a highly engaged team who are immersed in automation initiatives, across the Supply Chain!
What you’ll be doing
As a Safety Engineer working for Kmart, you will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of safety engineering for automation and use this knowledge to develop comprehensive safety objectives and requirements for the new Distribution Centre model.
- Define safety integrity levels and incorporate these into the Kmart critical risk program
- Build and facilitate 'Safety in Design' workshops to upskill relevant teams
- Undertake risk assessments and maintain a risk register for the safety elements of Distribution Centres during the design and implementation stage
- Develop safety management plans and co-develop safe work instructions to ensure compliance
- Work with Distribution Centres and Store representatives to ensure seamless implementation of the safety program
- Assist in the development and approval of tender documents.
- Work with vendors to assure safety standards are met by all Distribution Centres.
To be successful in this role you’ll have
- A background in engineering with a focus on automation of safety processes
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or warehousing industry, with direct responsibility for safety systems and risk management.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to support engaging with a variety of stakeholders whilst firmly adhering to Kmart’s Supply Chain Vision.
- Sound knowledge of AS4801, ISO31000 and legislative provisions.
- Effective project management skills and ability to work across multiple projects
- Great communication skills and demonstrated ability to deliver clear messages across all levels of the organisation
- Exposure to a large-scale retail business would be advantageous
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible hybrid working options through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy, spending 60% of your week in our National Office
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- We want you to feel rewarded for your commitment and hard work that's why everyone gets the opportunity to participate in a bonus program
- Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office/Distribution Centre.
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity to fast track your career through our Mentor Program as a Mentee or Mentor
- A Kudos recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers to spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes
- Regular product sample sales with loads of discounted items to purchase
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing email@example.com
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.