Financial Accountant - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Kmart Australia & NZ
Job Type: Full time
K MART Australia Ltd
Brighter Futures Start Here
As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centres, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000 strong team come together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit for results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes every day living brighter.
Join the team
We are actively looking to hire an experienced Financial Accountant who has had exposure to International Supply Chain accounting, on a 12 month fixed term contract based in Kmart’s National Office in Mulgrave.
If you are self-motivated, driven and love working in a busy yet fun environment, this would be a great professional development opportunity for you! This role reports to the Merchadise Relationship Manager.
What you’ll be doing
As a Financial Accountant working for Kmart, you will:
- Ensure that international supply chain costs are prepared and posted in accordance with applicable accounting standards and are audit compliant.
- Assist with data and information requirements for monthly reporting, including ongoing monitoring of critical costs such as CPV, International Payments and Royalties.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of the bank-balance and international payments
- Ensure all reports and data required are prepared and delivered as agreed with external audit and other parties as required
- Ensure all accounting policies, procedures and relevant legislative requirements are adhered to
- Identify risks and opportunities for the business
- Participate in project work as and when required
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- A professional accounting qualification either CA or CPA.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a mid-large scale corporate business with a good understanding of accounting principles and GST issues.
- Proficiency in the use of Financial Systems (i.e. SAP), including accounting and general ledger experience.
- Strong MS Office skills, including advanced knowledge of using Excel
- Ability to drive improvements, meet deadlines and have high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- A natural flair for problem solving and have an analytical mindset
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Flexible hybrid working options through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy, spending 60% of your week in our National Office
- A team member discount card that gives you a discount at Kmart, Target, Bunnings, and Officeworks
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible products
- Access to the Kmart for You benefits program which entitles you to exclusive discounts and benefits in the areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, and health – with over 60 suppliers!
- Free onsite parking when you’re required to come into the office
- A dynamic learning and support program
- In-house café that serves breakfast, lunch and includes a collaborative space to work in
- A reflection room that can be used for prayer, meditation, or time for you
- A Kudos recognition program, where you are nominated by your peers to spin a wheel, to win a stack of cool prizes
- Regular product sample sales with loads of discounted items to purchase
- Wesfarmers is Kmart’s parent company and each year eligible employees can elect to purchase shares through a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Great career opportunities across the broader Wesfarmers Group
We’re here to make everyday living brighter
From humble beginnings in Burwood East, Victoria, in 1969, we’re now an essential part of 300 communities, and proud of it! From bedding to apparel to kitchenware and beyond. We’re designing and creating the products people reach for every day. In-store, online, or Click & Collect – getting the products we love into the hands of happy customers is what we aim to do best. From the remote outback to coastal towns and big cities, and everywhere in-between. We’re progressive in our pursuit to create seamless customer journeys for satisfied shoppers.
A place you can belong
At Kmart, we celebrate the rich diversity of the communities in which we operate and are committed to creating inclusive and safe environments where all our team members can contribute and succeed. We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to be their best, when applying for a role or working at Kmart. We encourage you to tell us about any workplace adjustments that you would like, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to explore a career with Kmart and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.