Sales Consumption Excellence Manager
Job Type: Full time
With over 17,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. Come join CE&S and help us build a future where customers come to us not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, but also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience.
International Customer Success Unit (iCSU) brings scale, agility, and cross solution coverage to our largest, most strategic Global Account customers in their international downstream locations outside of headquarters. We operate out of key geographic locations around the world enabling global execution of our customer’s digital transformation strategies. We bring a seamless customer experience that crosses functional and geographic boundaries empowering customers to realize the business value of their investments in our technology.
iCSU is looking for a consumption sales excellence lead with a passion for driving consumption and usage and realizing Value-Based Delivery (VBD) of Unified Support business for customers. In this position you are responsible for landing annual fiscal year strategies and driving consumption execution excellence throughout the fiscal year for one of the three key time zones, Americas, Asia and EMEA. You will work closely with a time zone Customer Success Lead and a team of Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs), Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs) and managers in the time zone while leveraging business insights, RoB, annual planning processes from the iCSU central consumption execellence and business planning team for a consistent approach of execution across time zones.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 100% from home.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- 4+ years experience in sales/consumption/Support delivery operations/management, account or portfolio management, program management, business development, marketing, consulting, or a related field
o OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience using data to drive business outcomes or inform business decisions.
- 3+ years of experience managing relationships with stakeholders, clients, and/or customers.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 3+ years managing projects, including planning, managing timelines, and tracking progress, and/or change management experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Business Partnership and Support
- Drives consumption growth through account or business planning. Analyzes the outlook and leverages business insights to benchmark performance and make suggestions on current and future actions based on key drivers, opportunities, and/or risks. Supports the integration, alignment, and/or execution on the defined actions within iCSU.
- Lead in-time-zone territory planning and quota setting, and customer transition/”red carpet” process, and enable fast start of the fiscal year.
- As primary orchestrator of the Account/Portfolio Partner Business Planning. Coaches managers and sellers on account/portfolio/partner business planning fundamentals, habits, and plan quality. Contributes to reinforcement and review of quality plans within the segment/region.
- Maintains and/or defines a predictable rhythm of the Business (RoB) in collaboration with peers and/or leadership. Contributes to RoB activities to enforce great discipline and ensure quality outcome delivery. Provides business insights and recommendations to effect positive changes. Identifies opportunities to streamline and improve the RoB cadence within the supported segment/region.
- Advises and contributes to consumption and Support delivery teams on consumption and Support delivery motions/strategies for opportunity management. Contributes to operationalizing prioritized VBD. Identifies opportunities to generate new consumption pipeline and accelerate the closing of existing opportunities (Job 1 and Job 2 consumption pipeline discipline).
Sales Coaching for Growth and Transformation
- Coaches and builds relationships with consumption and Support delivery team on executing key priorities. Engages consumption and Support delivery team to become more effective coaches to their sellers. Helps consumption and Support delivery team achieve increased individual and team capability, employee satisfaction, and collaborative selling efforts. May contribute to coaching on large deal pursuit.
- Improves awareness and clarity of Corporate or TimeZone programs among consumption and Support delivery teams and managers. Intakes and contributes to adopting plans to create new habits among consumption and Support delivery teams or partners.
- Contributes to optimizing consumption and Support delivery team processes and capabilities within the supported segment. Assesses customer/partner needs and applies methodologies and resources to transform seller capabilities, sales processes, and/or partner engagement processes.
Driving Consumption & Support Delivery Process Discipline
- Contributes to analytics on key consumption and Support delivery drivers. Integrates findings from data analysis. Leverages reporting and analytical capabilities to generate data-based insights and enable visibility into consumption and forecast for CSAs, CSAMs, managers and leaders, or partners.
- Instills consumption and Support delivery process discipline, adherence to standards and excellence in execution, or pipeline health. Holds managers accountable for account plan quality and completeness. Helps ensure consistency and excellence in the consumption and Support delivery process in the time zone. Shares best practices within their team.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to advocate and support effective and rigorous usage of common and/or new processes and tools developed for the wider business to improve internal and external communications and engagements. Consolidates input from the time zone into the feedback loop. Communicates feedback to engineer/partner teams on tools.
Supporting Executive Capacity
- Supports CSU leader capacity as a senior leader. Advises on and contributes to various aspects of business management (e.g., employee engagement, resource allocation, change management, building high-performing teams) in collaboration with leadership and cross-functional teams. Represents the segment as an internal advocate and an extension of the segment leadership.
- Embody our culture and values