Senior Channel Sales Executive - Gaming
Job Type: Full time
In Consumer Sales Organization (CSO) we are a global team at Microsoft responsible for sales across Devices & Creativity (Windows, Microsoft 365, and Surface) and Gaming. CSO puts the consumer at the centre, helping them discover, learn, and buy through direct and partner channels in over 120 countries around the world. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
For more than 20 years, Xbox has been on a mission to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet, making gaming a place for fun, inspiration, and social connection. Microsoft’s goal is to be a key connector between today’s game creators and billions of players around the world. Gaming is immensely popular. More than 3 billion people around the world play games and expected to grow to 4.5 billion people by 2030. Today, half a billion unique players have enjoyed playing Xbox games. Additionally, The $200+ billion gaming industry is the largest and fastest-growing form of entertainment. It is an incredibly exciting and constantly evolving industry to be a part of and Microsoft continues to play a leading role in its future.
The Senior Channel Sales executive - Gaming, is responsible for leading the delivery of sales through a portfolio of Technology retailers and Gaming specialists for all Gaming portfolio – Hardware, Accessories, Software and Subscriptions. This is achieved by becoming the partner’s preferred trusted advisor to ensure strategic alignment, creation of joint business plans, delivery of seasonal priorities, while advocating the internal voice of partner to drive Microsoft’s strategy enabling the partner to grow their business.
This role will be based out of Sydney (preferred) or Melbourne/Brisbane, and as a member of our team you’ll joing a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- 8+ years partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field AND 5+ year(s) partner management, sales, business development, platform ecosystem/network, or partner channel development in the technology industry
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ year(s) experience with planning, budgeting, and other project management activities.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Retail partner account management / Customer Management experience with proven business operational excellence and sales results through joint business planning, landing channel strategies, account management, and performance monitoring
- Building strategic relationships and partnering with senior account executives
- Experience in Consumer Electronics/IT ecosystem experience with a focus on devices and services sales across consumer segments is preferred
- Experience in Gaming Hardware or software sales desirable
- Experience with major consumer electronics retailers (i.e. JB HiFi) and Gaming speciilaist retailers (i.e EB Games) highly desirable
- Delivery on Quarterly and Annual Account Budgeted Revenue within investment parameters
- Apply entrepreneurial and innovative thinking to identifying and executing business opportunities
- Proven ability to analyze sales data, draw relevant conclusions, develop accurate business plans and forecasts, and drive program execution
- Strong Excel skills, PowerBi (desirable), CRM systems
- Possess high standards for performance and compliance
- Strong collaboration skills with proven ability to influence multiple stakeholder groups
- Must be able to effectively articulate technology and product positioning to internal audiences and channel partners
Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Professional sales and negotiations training
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Relationship Building and Management (40%)
- Drive partner transformation and growth to prioritize and execute on new and strategic initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of the Retailer’s strategy, business imperatives, and profitability drivers
- Share broad industry and ecosystem knowledge of market and technology trends with Retailers
- Facilitate partner-to-partner discussions and Microsoft executive meetings to support Retailer’s innovation and differentiation strategies.
- Leverage industry knowledge, channel insight and customer understanding to drive strategic alignment and land joint business objectives with managed retailers
- Act as a partner advocate for all Retailer’s interests, goals, and objectives.
- Demonstrate good understanding of Retailer’s contracts with Microsoft and help them stay compliant and ensure their understanding on all aspects of Microsoft roadmaps, timelines, and program terms to improve partner satisfaction
- Identify key focus areas to create actionable & effective account planning
- Orchestrate annual and seasonal planning process with partner
Account Management (40%)
- Channel optimization – understand and assess the capabilities of each channel and optimize investment and strategy to maximize value to Microsoft and partners
- Develop multiyear strategies to compete and win share by ensuring the right assortment at the right price through strong portfolio management across all product categories
- Drive partner transformation and growth to prioritize and execute on new and strategic initiatives with partners
- Support partner through the digital transformation journey to ensure omni-channel presence and growth
- Drive and land regular account performance reviews internally and with partner, and secure inclusion into the partner business cycle
- Work with partners to identify their plans and strategies around devices and services
- Build and execute plans that produce full utilization and participation in applicable incentive programs. Ensure all discretionary funding produces an ROI aligned to corporate guidance
- Establish and execute a formal rhythm to manage progress of joint commitments, reprioritize and develop plans for newly identified opportunities
- Develop deep knowledge of Partner business practices (procurement strategies, marketing capabilities, etc.) and effectively guide Partners through the potential impact as Microsoft evolves programs, guidelines, or strategic focus
Business Development (20%)
- Drive ease of doing business in alignment with CPE (Customer and Partner Experience) Survey results through timely issue resolution & partner support
- Take active role in operational sales processes, understanding how CCSM organization operates