Senior Security Design Manager
Job Type: Full time
Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers Microsoft’s cloud platforms and services that millions of people use every day. With more than 95% of Fortune 500 business on Azure, 180 million using Office 365, and millions using other services – all running on Microsoft's cloud infrastructure – CO+I builds and operates the foundation upon which Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and organization comes to life.
The Datacenter Physical Security team (DCPS) is organized within CO+I. DCPS is dedicated to delivering the most trustworthy and efficient physical security services to protect the personnel, infrastructure, data, and confidential information foundational to the Microsoft Cloud. Our vision is to be the most reliable, meticulous, and trusted industry provider of hyperscale cloud physical security. We are accountable, effective, and efficient stewards of the awesome responsibility we hold. We innovate to meet challenges. We automate and simplify to scale efficiently. We constantly create and maintain a collaborative ecosystem. We appreciate and act on opportunities to improve.
DCPS is looking for a Senior Security Design Manager to lead high-profile and business critical projects involving physical security systems design for our worldwide critical infrastructure including datacenters, leased collocations, and other types of facilities. This position is responsible for working directly with numerous internal and external teams, including architects, engineers, numerous security vendors, construction / project managers, and customers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services across a wide array of stakeholders and priorities.
The Senior Security Design Manager must be an experienced team player, possess strong communication and collaboration skills, have the ability to determine the appropriate security systems solutions, and manage a demanding workload in the execution of multiple concurrent projects across geographic and organizational boundaries.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
- 5+ years of experience in security engineering solutions and designs, as well as supporting implementation throughout construction project lifecycles.
- Extensive knowledge of foundational security principles, including but not limited to alarm, access control, and video surveillance systems and their application along with the ability to develop conceptual and final designs of these systems.
- Proficient-level skill using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time in both planned and unplanned scenarios.
- PSP, CPP, PMP, or CSPM certifications preferred.
- Engineering, design and/or installation of security systems in datacenters a plus.
- Confident and skilled in preparing and delivering presentations and briefings to customers, senior leaders, and executives.
- Experience making and influencing good decisions that impact mission-critical, 24x7 operations environments.
- Strong work and compliance ethic, and the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Thought leadership and subject matter expertise to deliver one or more large programs and services while increasing standardization, simplification, and automation.
- Ability to change plans, goals, actions, and priorities in response to an evolving business environment with awareness to operate as a champion for course corrections when necessary.
- Ability to develop, and maintain security related processes, procedures, program baselines, training, and improvement plans.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance while being a team player able to effectively manage a demanding workload and team across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- BS or BA in security or business or engineering related discipline, or equivalent experience preferred.
- PSP, CPP, PMP, or CSPM certifications are highly desirable.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
#COICareers #Physical Security
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Responsible for implementing the design and specification of alarm systems, access control, video surveillance, burglary, radio systems and all other types of physical security equipment to achieve security program goals for special projects and initiatives.
- Review and modify security designs produced by other external security vendors.
- Oversee projects to ensure they are delivered in accordance with established baseline requirements and deadlines and within budget.
- Participate in project estimating processes as well as contribute to others budgeting processes for physical security system needs in other groups.
- Partner and collaborate closely with peer leaders and stakeholders, focused on maintaining a One Team approach with the client.
- Continuously improve the efficiency and maturity of the overall physical security program.
- Receive escalations/notifications of physical security and business impacting incidents/events and appropriately triage, ensuring that leadership is made initially and continuously aware when appropriate and that the appropriate personnel are managing the incident response effectively.
- Collaborate with peer teams and organizations to ensure their team is aligned with broader strategy and initiatives, fully supporting leadership priorities, being good partners, helping reduce costs, time burden, and complexity, and being responsive trusted advisors.
- Continuously seek data and recommend strategies and ideas to reduce churn, optimize, implement a creative solution to a problem, scale, automate, and simplify.
- Deliver assigned projects in accordance with established requirements, deadlines, and applicable employment law and company policy.
- Engage with internal and external customers as appropriate to evangelize and represent Microsoft’s datacenter physical security programs.
- Maintain confidentiality, discretion, and protect Microsoft information without question.
- Able to breakdown complex technical concepts to non-technical users. Translate complex business problems into simple, actionable, and scalable solutions.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to support the growth of the Datacenter Physical Security program.
- Ensures stakeholder requirements are captured, agreed upon, communicated and measured.
- Responsible for process of design, construction of reports and visualizations while ensuring long-term maintainability and scalability.
- Automates and streamlines reports and daily tasks; continuously improving the team’s reporting capabilities.