Coordinator [Training Services] - FESSN
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
AO6Salary: $105,977.00 - $113,167.00per annum
Strategy & Corporate Services
PSYCHOLOGICAL & SUPPORT SERVICES
Closing Date:Midnight, Wednesday, 8 February 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
Psychological and Support Services facilitates a holistic approach to the management of the psychological, emotional and spiritual health and wellbeing of QFES members. The Fire and Emergency Support Services Network (FESSN) team works collaboratively with other statewide stakeholders to deliver specialised prevention and intervention services to enable a well-being focused culture and delivering positive mental health outcomes to all staff and volunteers.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, Psychological and Support Services, you will be a key member of the team contributing to the development, review and implementation of mental health and psychological training programs and resources. You will be responsible for providing administration support, coordination and delivery of training programs to include but are not limited to: mental health leadership; counsellor training; mental health literacy; suicide prevention and postvention; personal and professional resilience; and peer support officer training to promote mental health and wellbeing initiatives and meet organisational objectives.
Highly desirable requirements
- High-level of organisational skills to develop, manage and coordinate training delivery to prioritise mental health and wellbeing programs.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly acquire and apply knowledge of Queensland Mental Health Service delivery, legislation, policies, plans and strategies related to mental health information development.
- Knowledge and experience in mental health, health services, social science or qualifications in a related discipline.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement and review mental health and psychological training programs and resources to ensure currency and alignment with legislative and departmental standards.
- Coordinate training participant attraction, selection, scheduling and organisational administration for attendance and practical delivery of learning and development programs.
- Coordinate and ensure appropriate education principles and methodology for all training programs, products and resources for both interactive eLearning and face to face delivery.
- Contribute to research, design, maintenance, review and implementation of mental health programs, policy and procedures, systems and activities to promote mental health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Prepare and review submissions, briefs, reports and correspondence relating to employee mental health practices and/or training delivery issues, in accordance with organisational requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships and networks to promote positive outcomes and develop psychological training solutions that achieve business objectives.
- Represent the department on committees, working groups and whole-of-government forums to ensure consistent approach for mental health awareness and training programs.
- Plan and deliver training, mentoring and coaching to staff and volunteers with an awareness and understanding of audience needs to ensure activities are delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Pursues continuous growth
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Bernie Scully, Exec Manager on phone (07) 3635 3474 or email Bernie.email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
Go to the Fire & Emergency Services Network (https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/supporting-our-people) for more information on the scope and nature of the work unit. contributing to the development, review and implementation of mental health and psychological training programs
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.