Health and Safety Advisor
Job Type: Full time
Health and Safety Advisor
- Play a unique role in supporting healthy communities
- Provide technical assistance, resources and training programs across the Sigma Group
- Truganina location; onsite parking & hybrid model
Work with the team to prevent incidents and injuries through assessing, analysing and recommending continuous improvements.
Sigma Healthcare is a leading Australian full line pharmacy wholesale and distribution business. Sigma also has the largest pharmacy network in Australia, with over 1,200 branded and independent stores, including some of Australia’s best-known pharmacy retail brands: Amcal, Guardian, PharmaSave, & Discount Drug Store.
Ready to make an immediate impact? Reporting to the National Health and Safety Manager, the Health and Safety Advisor role provides mentoring and coaching to our managers and teams in all aspects of health and safety at work.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide advice, promotion and support on Health and Safety
- Support the health and safety team with the company’s compliance audits program
- Participate in incident investigations, follow up and reporting/notification
- Undertake risk assessments and implement effective controls
- Monitor annual Health and Safety Action Plan for sites
We are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in a health and safety management position
- An understanding of Workers’ Compensation and Return to Work principles
- Lead Auditing qualifications (desired)
- Understanding of health and safety legislative requirements
- Investigation, analysis and reporting skills
What’s on offer:
When you join Sigma Healthcare, you join an Australian success story with over 100 years of proud history. Also, on offer is the opportunity to:
- Receive a competitive salary package
- Advance your skills and experience through ongoing training and development
- Be part of a progressive, supportive and highly skilled team
- Enjoy great employee benefits and access to health & wellbeing programs, as well as a Universal incentive program
- Work for an organisation that plays a unique role in supporting healthy communities
Our culture is demonstrated through our values and behaviours; we are obsessed with delighting our customers, we act with honesty and integrity, we are resilient and focused, we deliver on our goals.
We are proud to be endorsed as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
How to apply
Sound like your new home? Click APPLY today to submit your application via our Careers portal.