Machine Learning Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Machine Learning Engineer
- Play a unique role in supporting healthy communities
- Enhance and uplift advanced analytics platform and system with re-usable generic modules
- Brand new offices at M-City Clayton; onsite parking & hybrid model
Sensational opportunity to promote awareness of machine learning & data science technology in the wider data & analytics team.
Sigma Healthcare is a leading Australian full line pharmacy wholesale and distribution business. Sigma also has the largest pharmacy network in Australia, with over 1,200 branded and independent stores, including some of Australia’s best-known pharmacy retail brands: Amcal, Guardian, PharmaSave, & Discount Drug Store.
Ready to make an immediate impact? Reporting to the Principal Data Scientist, the Machine Learning Engineer is a key role in developing and delivering advanced machine learning solutions by partnering with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
You will collaborate with product owners, architecture, engineering functions to underpin business processes with Machine Learning capability and accelerate delivery of data analytical services across all business units.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand use cases and gather requirements
- Identify, analyse and prepare the right data sources (existing, new or augmented) to meet the use case requirements
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop feature engineering pipelines and feature stores
- Map business use cases to appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools
- Lead machine learning solution experimentation, prototyping and optimization in an iterative approach and contribute to the design and architecting of solutions balancing performance and cost
- Enhance and uplift data science framework with re-usable generic modules that can support multiple use cases to enable quick iteration and delivery of advanced analytics solutions
We are looking for:
- Python as a minimum essential
- Strong proficiency in data manipulation with SQL/Pandas/Numpy, etc
- Deep knowledge and experience of using cloud data warehouse (e.g. Snowflake), big data technology (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark) and cloud platform (e.g. Azure/AWS)
- Practical understanding of distributed machine learning framework (e.g. Spark MLlib, MXNet) as well as common data science libraries (e.g. SciKit-Learn, Tensorflow, Pytorch)
- Practical understanding of common machine learning algorithms (e.g. Generalized Linear Models, Bayesian Models, XGBoost, K-means, Convolutional Neural Network, Recurrent Neural Network) with experience in developing, optimizing and deploying solutions based on these algorithms
- MLOps expertise in at least one of these areas: model store, model monitor, data drift detection, model retrain & redeployment CI/CD pipeline
What’s on offer:
When you join Sigma Healthcare, you join an Australian success story with over 100 years of proud history. Also, on offer is the opportunity to:
- Receive a competitive salary package
- Advance your skills and experience through ongoing training and development
- Be part of a progressive, supportive and highly skilled team
- Enjoy great employee benefits and access to health & wellbeing programs, as well as a Universal incentive program
- Work for an organisation that plays a unique role in supporting healthy communities
Our culture is demonstrated through our values and behaviours; we are obsessed with delighting our customers, we act with honesty and integrity, we are resilient and focused, we deliver on our goals.
We are proud to be endorsed as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
How to apply
Sound like your new home? Click APPLY today to submit your application via our Careers portal.
Anyone interested in applying should do so directly as we are not accepting applications through recruitment agencies.