Data Management Lead
Location: Williams Landing
Job Type: Full time
Target Australia Pty Ltd
Who are We?
At Target, we’re getting back to what we’re famous for - real quality, that’s really affordable.
We’re making products that stand up to the test of everyday life, at prices that don’t cost the earth.
We’re making mums happy. Kids smile. Family life, that little bit easier.
We’re making sure every Australian can enjoy our products, whilst making a positive difference to our planet so families can trust and rely on us for generations to come.
That’s the Target Australians needs right now. And that’s the Target we’re here to be.
As an iconic Australian retailer with over 115 stores nationally and a rapidly growing online presence, we’re immensely proud of our history and need people to join us who are as excited by our future as we are
That's Target !
What will you do?
To lead the design and development of data models in Target’s data warehouse and the implementation and continuous improvement of data governance processes, in line with Target’s values.
What are we looking for?
- Experience Designing & Implementing Single Customer View, Industry Data Models
- Experience in tools such as Collibra, Data Vault, ErWin and ER/Studio or similar
- Responsible for translating and mapping business requirements and rules into conceptual, logical, and physical data models. Ensures these models are optimised for business usage and follows best practice data modelling practices and principles including standards, tools, versioning, data lineage, and business glossary artifacts.
- Design and document source to target mapping
- Ensure all new development conforms to data model design
- Establish a data governance roadmap to implement and continuously improve data governance practices.
- Ensure that data security requirements are defined, understood and embedded in development practices
- Implement and maintain best practice metadata management tools and processes
- Lead the Target vision, strategy and values within the team and across the organisation
- Accountable for a safe workplace by identifying and reporting safety concerns and leading by example by maintaining a safe working environment and demonstrating safe working behaviour
- Excellent understanding of data modelling techniques including ability to quickly understand and use database structures and models
- Translate business strategy into technical solutions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
What will you get?
Target has some great benefits, including:
- Great career opportunities across the Wesfarmers Group
- Team Member discounts across Target, Kmart,Bunnings,Officeworks and Catch Membership.
- A free OnePass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible product
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Convenient location next to freeway and train station, with free onsite parking and a café!
- Novated leasing options
- Paid parental leave scheme
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements
- Reflection room, space for prayer, meditation, or time for yourself
- A dynamic learning and support program
- Opportunity in Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)and to participate in a bonus program (where eligible).
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates – this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
“We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”