Online Availability Manager
Location: Williams Landing
Job Type: Full time
Target Australia Pty Ltd
Who are We?
We are one of Australia’s most-loved retail brands and a dedicated team of over 12,000 people. For almost 100 years we have held a special place in the hearts and minds of Australian families.
We are unstoppable in our drive to digitally transform Target to delight our customers every day through a multi- channel shopping experience.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join our team.
We are an iconic Australian brand
With our instantly recognisable logo, we are one of the most iconic brands on the Australian retail market. From first baby clothes to first fashion moments, we have created special memories that families across the country hold dear. By making affordable quality and style accessible for all, we have built a reputation for helping Australian families live better.
We embrace digital innovation
We are combining 100 years of experience with a start-up mentality to become a retailer of the future. By harnessing the power of the Wesfarmers tech and data ecosystem, we’re transforming all areas of our business to deliver a world-class multi-channel shopping experience. We’re committed to creating a working environment in which fresh thinking and new ideas are encouraged and embraced.
We are a great place to work and grow
We are a close-knit team led by passionate and supportive leaders who are committed to helping you be your best. You’ll be challenged and inspired in equal measure as we continue to transform our business.
We are supportive and inclusive
We are a diverse team of people from all walks of life. We are committed to creating safe and empowering environments for our team members, our customers and the communities in which we serve.
We are driven by sustainability
Ranked #1 for Fashion Transparency globally, we are dedicated to making a real difference towards protecting our planet. From the way we source our materials and design our products, to the way we support our people and the communities we serve, we strive to make a positive impact across all parts of our business. We are a sustainably-minded company that team members and customers alike are proud to be a part of.
We are ambitious, innovative, inclusive and unstoppable.
We’re change makers, committed to making a real difference.
That’s who we are. That’s Target.
What will you do?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Online Availability Manager to join the amazing Business Optimisation & Central Planning team! The primary purpose of this role is to be accountable for delivering online availability improvements across the total online network (National Fulfilment Centres and Pick, Pack and Dispatch stores) by working with buying teams through management of inventory principles including Ranging, Inventory flow, stock holdings aligned to Distribution Centre Capacity and management of clearance and overstock programs.
Other Key Responsibilities include:
Strategy & Insights:
- Develop the strategic path to drive Online Availability including processes, tools and people
- Analyse and recommend actions to improve online availability
- Ensure Distribution Centre fulfillment and Online Ranging Principles are managed to agreed targets across all business groups
- Provide support and coaching to Planning Managers in driving improvements to their online business
Reporting & Governance:
- Establish reporting dashboards and insights to inform key business stakeholders of performance against KPI’s
- Develop, build and maintain regular analytics reports to inform and influence business decisions
- Develop reporting and governance to ensure online ranging and Distribution Centre fulfillment principles are followed in the business
- Management of seasonal lifecycles in fulfillment Distribution Centres
- Collaborate with inventory teams (DP/O&A/Vnet) to ensure stock availability is maximised and ensure clearance stocks are exited in a timely manner
- Work with Distribution Centre Operations to manage stock holdings to align with capacity levels and pick locations
- Work with Digital and Online Fulfilment to align allocations to local customer demand in Target Pick, Pack and Dispatch
- Work with Digital Trade Manager to understand future trade plans and budgets to align availability to planned trade and critical path
- Lead the Target vision, strategy and values within the team and across the organisation
- Accountable for a safe workplace by identifying and reporting safety concerns and leading by example by maintaining a safe working environment and demonstrating safe working behavior
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who can identify and facilitate opportunities for improvement to enable better availability for the customer, estimate costs and benefits to make prudent decisions and can use financial and quantitative information to guide actions and performance from an end to end perspective.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Digital background, with an element of stores understanding
- Experienced a retail environment that is both store and digitally lead
- Influential and driven (drive the agenda and deliverables)
- Analytics background - can take the data and understand how to use it
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present business and design concepts clearly and persuasively to colleagues, partners, stakeholders and especially to senior executives
- Experience as a data driven decision maker collecting, organizing, analysing, and disseminating data and insights in a succinct manner
- Experience building a vision & strategy informed by deep quantitative and qualitative analysis of customer needs, the market, and other trends
What will you get?
Target has some great benefits, including:
- Great career opportunities across the Wesfarmers Group
- Team Member discounts across Target, Kmart, Bunnings, Officeworks and Catch Membership
- A free One Pass membership offering free delivery across Kmart, Target & Catch on eligible product
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Convenient location next to freeway and train station, with free onsite parking and a café!
- Novated leasing options
- Paid parental leave scheme
- Flexible hybrid work arrangements through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy, spending 60% of your week in our Target Store Support Office (including Work-From-Home days with a real work-life) balance
- Reflection room, space for prayer, meditation, or time for yourself
- A Supported Learning and Career Development program
- Opportunity in Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible) and to participate in a bonus program (where eligible).
We believe that all team members should feel valued, respected and safe irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, indigeneity, religious beliefs, education, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation and gender identity and we encourage applications from all candidates.
As part of our recruitment process, we will be conducting Pre-Employment Checks with our successful candidates – this will include a police check. Talent Acquisition will provide further updates to candidates as they progress through our recruitment process.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
If you would like to explore a career with Target and this sounds like the perfect role for you – apply now!
“We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”.