Coordinator, Student Employment & Partnerships
The University of Newcastle
Location: Bar Beach
Job Type: Full time
Be challenged and imagine with us
As the Coordinator, Student Employment and Partnerships, you will deliver student engagement events and coordinate a program of partnership opportunities between the University Library and our students.
In this role you will:
- Organise student employment and internship opportunities and activities which support student belonging and wellbeing.
- Implement programs and activities that support student recruitment, orientation, and connection to services.
- Develop new and innovative approaches to student engagement to increase use and improvement of library services.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
How will you inspire us?
You will have:
- Experience coordinating successful engagement programs and/or events.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to converse and form meaningful relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills and experience working to competing deadlines.
What we offer
The remuneration for this position is from $82,707 + 17% superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision are our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability.
The University Library sits within the Academic Division and plays a pivotal role in supporting the learning and research needs of the University of Newcastle community. Library staff work in partnership with the University community to provide convenient access to high quality information resources and information management services, tailored programs of student and researcher support, and first-class learning environments.
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed below
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and an agile approach to experimentation and innovation.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating engagement programs and/or events, including identifying stakeholder needs, promotion, and monitoring and evaluation to inform improvements or further opportunities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships and an inter-disciplinary way of working.
- Demonstrated ability to set appropriate goals, prioritise work, manage time and workload, follow through on tasks, report progress, and achieve results.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
Your Cover Letter and Response to the Essential Criteria should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words).
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities, please download the Position Description (available in the Related Documents section below).
For specific position enquiries, please contact Jemma Bowman, Manager, Student Engagement and Partnerships, on (02) 4921 5498 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday, 18 June 2023 at 11.59pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you