Research Liaison Librarian
The University of Newcastle
Job Type: Full time
- Work within a dynamic library team at a top regional university in Australia
- Attractive 17% Superannuation Contribution
- Continuing position based in Newcastle NSW
Be challenged and imagine with us
In this role you will provide advice and support to the University’s research community, from higher degree research students to senior research staff.
- Engaging across the university to facilitate and foster an increased understanding of library research services and resources and implement strategies to increase the use of such services.
- Providing relevant research advice, resources, programs and information services to researchers and higher degree research students in an allocated client area
- Facilitating the development and delivery of pedagogically appropriate content and materials in a variety of formats and technologies.
- Liaising with the Research and Scholarly Communication Advisor to provide advice to researchers and University staff about research publishing trends.
- Collaboratively designing and building standardised internal data collection and evaluation solutions, including spreadsheets, reports and dashboards to document advice and information.
- Sharing information and providing reports to the team and to the Manager on achievements and recommendations for improvement opportunities.
This continuing position is full time at a HEW 6 Higher Education Level and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
Aside from your demonstrated experience in the library sector, you will inspire us with your exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision and our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability, the University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020-2025 outlines the University’s commitment to delivering an exceptional student experience and serving our communities.
For more information click here – Our Uni.
About the Unit
The University Library sits within the Academic Division and plays a pivotal role in supporting the learning and research needs of the University community. Library staff work in partnership with the University community to provide access to high quality information resources and information management services, tailored programs of student and researcher support, and a first-class learning environment.
What we offer
In addition to working for a university that is breaking boundaries, discovering new ways of thinking, and cementing a place as a global leader, we offer a range of benefits to our employees to ensure you balance your commitments, stay healthy and work effectively.
- The remuneration for this position is from $82707 p.a. +17% superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience
- Flexible working arrangements (in line with the University’s Flexible Work Policy)
- 17% super and salary packaging
- Additional University Holiday days, generous personal leave and parental leave, annual leave loading and additional purchased leave scheme
- Discounts in private health insurance, gym memberships, software, travel and more
- Wellbeing programs
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed below:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of trends relating to academic library collections and information services.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver research support services and provide advice to diverse stakeholders, incorporating knowledge of systems, resources, tools, and pedagogical principles of adult learning.
- Understanding and ability to apply knowledge of current and emerging global scholarly publishing trends and technologies, and copyright requirements in the content of research support.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships and an inter-disciplinary way of working.
- Demonstrated ability to set appropriate goals, prioritise work, manage time and workload, follow through on tasks, report progress, and achieve results.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
Your Cover Letter and Response to the Essential Criteria should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words).
For specific position enquiries, please contact Lisa Ogle on (02) 4921 8621 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 18th June 2023 at 11.59pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you