Senior Grants Officer
The University of Newcastle
Job Type: Full time
Be challenged and imagine with us
As the Senior Grants Officer, you will provide high level guidance and administrative support for the University’s research activities through a portfolio of research grant services. This includes application, establishment and management of research funds, and reporting.
You will take a proactive, client-focused approach in the development and delivery of high-quality services across Colleges and disciplines.
In this Senior Grants Officer (Pre-award) role you will:
- Be a principal contact and expert for matters relating to research grant application and administration.
- Provide advice on strategy, interpretation, and compliance of applications with funding agency guidelines, and University policy and procedure.
- Provide strategic research management support through the provision of high-level client focused service.
- Manage Pre-Award planning and co-ordination of key application schemes to ensure eligibility and compliance against scheme and University requirements.
This continuing position is full time and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal land).
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University creating a better future for our region and the globe. Underpinned by this vision are our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability.
The Research Grants Office supports and facilitates the University’s research activities through best practice advice and high-quality support to the University’s research community in relation to securing research funding and the management of research funds.
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
What we offer
The remuneration for this position is HEW Level 7 from $91,259 plus 17% superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here.
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Please note: due to the long weekend there may be a delay in our communication to all candidates.
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed below
- A degree with at least four years’ subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- High-level problem-solving, stakeholder engagement and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in critically reviewing complex research funding rules and regulations and providing clear, constructive and strategic advice.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and work within a team and across teams to achieve organisational goals in a high-volume environment of competing demands.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement as the basis for service delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in adhering to workplace policies and procedures in the areas of work health safety, equity, diversity and promoting a respectful workplace culture.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
Your Cover Letter and Response to the Essential Criteria should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words).
For the full list of the selection criteria and role responsibilities, please download the Position Description (available in the Related Documents section below).
Due to the nature of this role, the University may require the preferred candidate to undertake further pre-employment checks.
For specific position enquiries, please contact Jane Graham, Manager Pre-award on (02) 4921 7094 or at email@example.com
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 7 June 2023 at 11.59pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you