Student Systems Specialist
The University of Newcastle
Job Type: Full time
- Full time Continuing Role
- Higher Education Worker Level 7
- Support the Student Experience by Working in and Enhancing Key Student Systems and Associated Processes
Be challenged and imagine with us
The Student Systems Specialist is responsible for the continued maintenance, support and enhancement of the University’s strategic student systems, ensuring a positive user experience for our students.
With a particular focus on government reporting, this role will manage the University’s approach to the Tertiary Collection of Student Information (TCSI), along with working within the University’s Student Information System, Marketing Automation System, Student Customer Relationship Management System and other information systems that form the student experience.
The role will provide a customer-focused service delivery and promotion of a culture of continuous improvement.
This Continuing Position is full time at a HEW 7 Higher Education Level and will be located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land).
You will inspire us with your customer service focus, ability to work independently within a team environment plus your ability to maintain your knowledge and awareness to keep abreast of new developments.
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision and our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability, the University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020-2025 outlines the University’s commitment to delivering an exceptional student experience and serving our communities.
For more information click here – Our Uni.
About the Unit
The domain of Student Experience and Administration is responsible for supporting and enabling the student journey to enrich the educational experience at the University.
The Student and Academic Administration unit is tasked with providing an intuitive and streamlined administration process for all students from the time they first apply to the University, and as they continue their journey throughout their university experience to graduation. This unit also provides faculty and academic support, and governance and compliance initiatives in support of program delivery to students.
What we offer
In addition to working for a university that is breaking boundaries, discovering new ways of thinking and cementing a place as a global leader, we offer a range of benefits to our employees to ensure you balance your commitments, stay healthy and work effectively.
- The remuneration for this position is from $91,259 - $102,667 p.a. +17% superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience
- Flexible working arrangements (in line with the University’s Flexible Work Policy
- 17% super and salary packaging
- Additional University Holiday days, generous personal leave and parental leave, annual leave loading and additional purchased leave scheme
- Discounts in private health insurance, gym memberships, software, travel and more
- Wellbeing programs
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed below
- Demonstrated experience working within large complex data driven systems with the ability to understand, manipulate and analyse large datasets.
- Demonstrated technical ability to configure complex systems, with the ability to identify and implement enhancements and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work across several systems relevant to the student life cycle including CRM and Marketing Automation systems
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships and an inter-disciplinary way of working.
- Knowledge and understanding of the student lifecycle and related business activities, and functional expertise in the systems used to support these activities.
- Ability to identify business and process improvement opportunities to improve student experience and internal efficiencies
- Demonstrated planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
Your Cover Letter and Response to the Essential Criteria should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words).
For specific position enquiries, please contact Ben Shelton, Senior Manager, Student Systems and Business Enablement on (02) 49217490 or via email Ben.Shelton@newcastle.edu.au
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 11th June 2023 at 11.59pm AEST