Finance Business Partner
The University of Newcastle
Job Type: Full time
- Full-time Permanent Role, Based at the Callaghan Campus
- Higher Education Worker Level 8
- So Much More Than Just Number Crunching
Due to an internal promotion, we are seeking a highly motivated Finance Business Partner to join our vibrant team. In this role you will be responsible for providing strategic financial support, business planning, budgeting and forecasting, performance reporting, analysis and advice to leaders across the business. Our team focuses on building great relationships with our stakeholders so we can assist in the commercial decision-making process, translating key financial insights into easy-to-understand concepts for non-financial professionals and developing solutions to organisational problems in delivering upon the University’s strategic plan.
This continuing position is full time and will be predominantly located at the Callaghan Campus (Awabakal land), with flexible working arrangements available.
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision are our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability.
We provide opportunities for all people regardless of their background and experience, and this philosophy is reflected across all that we do.
The University of Newcastle is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
About the Unit
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, Financial Services aims to be an enabler of strategy through providing high-quality financial services and products that respond to the changing needs of the business and financial governance and provide tangible and measurable value to the University. Financial Services covers Corporate Accounting and Treasury, Financial Planning and Reporting, Finance Business Support & Advisory, and Procure to Pay.
Be challenged and imagine with us
In this role you will:
- Build consultative and inclusive relationships and networks across the University,
- Provide high-level, timely, influential and business-oriented advice to the key stakeholders,
- Contribute to a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement,
- Influence the organisation through the translation of financial insight into easy-to-understand concepts and a solutions-focused approach.
Please click here to access the Position Description
How will you inspire us?
- You will be a passionate, well rounded Finance professional with strong advisory skills and excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. In addition, you will:
- Have a minimum 5 years’ financial business partnering or advisory experience,
- Possess strong problem solving and solution skills with a keen eye for detail,
- Have the ability to provide strategic and commercial support to Leaders within complex organisation structures,
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders at all levels,
- Have attained or be working towards professional membership with CAANZ/CPA or equivalent.
What we offer
The remuneration for this position is from $102,667 p.a. +17% superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience.
For information on our employee benefits (such as flexible working, discounts in private health insurance and gym memberships and salary packaging) please visit here
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role. Please note that you will be asked to add your application as one PDF document.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed in the position description found here
- Your resume
Your response to the Essential Criteria should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words).
Due to the nature of this role, the University may require the preferred candidate to undertake further pre-employment checks.
For specific position enquiries, please contact Luke Rossi, Senior Manager - Business Partners on (02) 4985 4918 or via email Luke.Rossi@newcastle.edu.au
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 18th June 2023 at 11.59pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you