Education Project Manager
The University of Newcastle
Job Type: Full time
- Revolutionise the way Biomedical Science is taught
- Design and produce online teaching and learning resources that inspire and engage learners
- Stay current in the fast-evolving field of Biomedical Science
Are you passionate about transforming education, particularly the delivery and assessment of complex and rapidly evolving subjects like Biomedical Science? Do you have a knack for creating exciting, engaging learning experiences? If so, we want you to join our team as an Education Project Manager. You don't need prior experience in educational pedagogy; you just need to be a dynamic, creative thinker with a passion for innovation.
As the Education Project Manager, you will:
- Provide expert guidance and support to academic staff to implement innovative teaching and assessment methods in our key areas of Immunology, Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Cancer, Exercise, Neuroscience, Pharmacy and Reproductive Science.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to integrate technology effectively into both face-to-face and online teaching.
- Develop cutting-edge teaching and learning resources that adhere to the highest standards.
- Assist Academics to create engaging learning materials, activities, and assessments, fostering a dynamic learning environment.
- Collaborate with the University’s Learning & Design team to advise on course design, storytelling, and communication techniques to enhance course delivery.
- Participate actively in course delivery and quality assurance efforts.
- Review course and assessment content for quality and effectiveness.
- Explore and test new teaching and assessment software to enhance our educational offerings.
- Evaluate different delivery methods, content designs, and assessment strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive course development and achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure quality assurance within programs and courses by engaging with stakeholders.
- Establish networks within the sector to stay informed about best practices in multiple delivery modes.
This Fixed Term position is full time for 3 years at a HEW 7 Higher Education Level and will be based at Callaghan Campus (Awabakal and Worimi land)
About our University
The University of Newcastle stands as a global leader distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence. Our vision is to be a world-leading University for our regions and creating a better future for our regions and the globe. Underpinned by this vision and our values of excellence, equity, engagement and sustainability, the University of Newcastle’s Looking Ahead Strategic Plan 2020-2025 outlines the University’s commitment to delivering an exceptional student experience and serving our communities.
For more information click here – Our Uni.
About the Unit
The School of Biomedical Sciences & Pharmacy is one of the University's most research-intensive schools and is currently ranked very high in the university in terms of external research funding. Our researchers apply cutting edge technology and relevant disease models to address important questions and accelerate knowledge transfer. Our research themes include Immunology, Nutrition, Exercise and Cardiovascular Disease, Neuroscience, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science and Reproductive Science
What we offer
In addition to working for a university that is breaking boundaries, discovering new ways of thinking and cementing a place as a global leader, we offer a range of benefits to our employees to ensure you balance your commitments, stay healthy and work effectively.
- The remuneration for this position is from $91,259 - $102,667 p.a. +17% superannuation and is commensurate with skills and experience
- Flexible working arrangements (in line with the University’s Flexible Work Policy
- 17% super and salary packaging
- Additional University Holiday days, generous personal leave and parental leave, annual leave loading and additional purchased leave scheme
- Discounts in private health insurance, gym memberships, software, travel and more
- Wellbeing programs
Your next steps
Please visit here for a guide on how to apply for a role.
If viewing this on a job board other than the University's please click ‘Apply’ to reach the University's website, where a copy of the Position Description can be accessed. Please download a copy before commencing your application.
Your application must include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter outlining your motivation to apply for this opportunity
- A statement addressing the Essential Criteria listed below:
- A science/health degree with at least four years subsequent relevant work experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in technical or educational fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practice of effective teaching and learning in tertiary education, including current and future academic technologies for blended and fully online delivery and assessment.
- Experience and expertise in the design and implementation of online teaching and learning resources to ensure effective learning outcomes
- Understanding and expertise in course design, storytelling and communication principles and techniques to ensure delivery of course content and activities in an effective and engaging way.
- Experience with a variety of Learning Management Systems
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships inside and outside the school.
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organisational skills.
Please upload your Cover Letter and response to the requested Criteria as one PDF document.
Your Cover Letter and Response to the Essential Criteria should not exceed 4 pages (approximately 2,000 words). 49218076
For specific position enquiries, please contact Judith Weidenhofer, Senior Lecturer on (02) 49218706 or via email Judith.Weidenhofer@firstname.lastname@example.org
Having Difficulties? Please reach out to us: email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 10th October 2023 at 11.59pm AEST
We are excited to be Looking Ahead with you