Senior Communication Consultant - 6 Month Fixed Term
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
At WorkCover Queensland our vision is to be the best worker’s compensation insurer, to make a positive difference to people’s lives and to keep Queenslanders working. Our flexible work environment allows you to be your best every day and contribute to the big picture.
Our organisation is made up of individuals who collaborate and seek to engage others, working together as One Team. We embrace diversity and value people who bring personal energy and authenticity to everything they do. If you’re someone with a strong values-oriented compass and you want to achieve sustainable outcomes, you will find a great community at WorkCover.
You’ll contribute to:
- Work with the Communication team to achieve divisional and corporate objectives
- Contribute to the development of corporate communication strategy and planning activities that are aligned to WorkCover’s brand, business goals and values
- Help update and maintain WorkCover’s website and intranet content and ensure these channels deliver timely and accurate information to customers and stakeholders consistent with corporate objectives
- Identify opportunities for improvement in stakeholder relations and provide engagement advice to industry segment managers
- Review internal and external communication activities and channels and provide advice on how to best deliver key messages to our varied customer base.
A bit about you:
- Confident and clear communicator with ability to regularly engage with and influence senior management stakeholder perceptions of communication impact
- Experience in public relations activities e.g., event management, speech writing, advertising, publicity etc.
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, work autonomously and meet deadlines
- Project management skills.
A bit about us:
Working in a collaborative team environment within a supportive and engaged organisation, you’ll enjoy a hybrid work model, access to personalised learning and development opportunities and the holistic support of our health and wellbeing program. We offer industry competitive salaries, a generous superannuation scheme (including co-contribution) and study assistance. You can find out more about our Employee Benefits by visiting Working at WorkCover Qld.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Lara Thomas, Talent Advisor with applications closing at 10am Friday 2 December 2022 .
Pre-employment checks will be conducted on all prospective employees. This will include a Police Check, Education Check, Reference Check and where appropriate a Visa Check. The information provided will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
WorkCover Queensland is committed to building a safe and respectful workplace, celebrating difference and where all of our people feel included. Through our Diversity Council Australia membership, Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, Age and Work Strategy and profile as a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women, we continue to strive to do better for all of our people, and the Queensland community.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.