Head of Operations - Claims Management
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
At WorkCover Queensland our vision is to be the best worker’s compensation insurer, to make a positive difference to people’s lives and to keep Queenslanders working. Our flexible work environment allows you to be your best every day and contribute to the big picture.
Our organisation is made up of individuals who collaborate and seek to engage others, working together as One Team. We embrace diversity and value people who bring personal energy and authenticity to everything they do. If you’re someone with a strong values-oriented compass and you want to achieve sustainable outcomes, you will find a great community at WorkCover.
You’ll contribute to:
- Leading a team of specialist claims and centralised support services.
- Creating a centre of excellence which drives change, learning, quality and assurance and administrative services to all Claims Management segments.
- Providing strategic direction for the planning, design and implementation of effective return to work and rehabilitation strategies within a regulatory framework, that support sustainable financial outcomes.
- Supporting and championing the management of projects and initiatives
A bit about you:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior management position, preferably within the insurance/financial services sector.
- An authenthic, human-centred, inclusive approach to leadership.
- Encompasses the ability to lead, and provide guidance, direction, coaching and mentoring to direct reports to achieve individual and portfolio objectives.
- Ability to explore alternate views, ideas, and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support of all parties.
A bit about us:
Working in a collaborative team environment within a supportive and engaged organisation, you’ll enjoy a hybrid work model, access to personalised learning and development opportunities and the holistic support of our health and wellbeing program. We offer industry competitive salaries, a generous superannuation scheme (including co-contribution) and study assistance. You can find out more about our Employee Benefits by visiting Working at WorkCover Qld.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Katie O’Connell – Manage Talent Acquisition by 9 June 10am.
Pre-employment checks will be conducted on all prospective employees. This will include a Right to Work in Australia Check, Police Check, Education Check, Reference Check and where appropriate a Visa Check. The information provided will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
WorkCover Queensland is committed to building a safe and respectful workplace, celebrating difference and where all of our people feel included. Through our Diversity Council Australia membership, Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, Age and Work Strategy and profile as a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women, we continue to strive to do better for all of our people, and the Queensland community.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply!