Marketing Automation Specialist
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
What we are looking for:
As the Marketing Automation Specialist, you’ll be playing a crucial role in supporting to drive Xero’s digital performance, by orchestrating #beautiful experiences to users that truly delight and inspire action.
You’ll be part of a team responsible for accelerating growth at Xero, by delivering personalised, fully orchestrated journeys at scale - ensuring every conversation we have adds value to our relationship.
Balancing multiple projects with technical execution, you’ll have your eye on the long-term prize, while constantly learning from live marketing automation performance. You’ll be data-savvy, commercially astute and apt at working with both business and technical stakeholders to drive outcomes that deliver high quality customer conversion and overall market share growth.
What you’ll do:
- Using our world-class tech stack Salesforce Marketing Cloud & Sales Cloud ecosystem platforms, you’ll support in scaling our automated journeys within our outbound channels
- Delivering consistent and targeted messages to different audiences at the right time across all our regions
- Work with the Marketing Automation leads and senior stakeholders within the team to deliver the data-marketing projects for trigger-based automation within the platform
- Create marketing automated journeys based on qualitative and quantitative data via a data-driven test and learn program
- Communicate marketing automation initiatives, results and program status updates to stakeholders
- Develop email comms, assist with journey design, and audience create to meet initiative requirements - but having your own flair of creativity, with the ability to create your own templates for testing, based on readily available assets
- Utilise out of the box functionality and reporting features within the tech stack, this includes the test and learn capability on new machine learning features
- Analyse marketing automation performance and journeys, report on results and share learnings to help drive business enablement
What you’ll bring:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent 3+ years experience in email marketing and/or marketing automation platforms
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Sales Cloud Knowledge and understanding of audience data and segmentation development for retargeting and journey flows including experience in SQL or other equivalent data manipulation languages
- Proven experience reporting on email performance Self-motivated and achievement oriented with project & time management skills
- Creative problem solving to improve the customer experience
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Technical capability within marketing automation systems to help unlock capabilities and drive innovation
- Understanding data process and flows into Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.
You’ve got this!