Reporting and Insights Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Our purpose is to help the team deliver content to Xero’s customers and advisors that enables them to succeed in business using Xero, and creates a positive and lasting brand experience for them.The Content team is responsible for creating longer form content that helps people find, buy and become an expert in Xero.This includes guides, videos, certification, badges, live events and webinars across all channels
About the Role
With extensive experience in reporting and insights, you’ll be responsible for enabling our content teams to track and report on the performance of their content to enable a best in class customer focused content engine. You will ensure that we have the right data, insights and reporting systems, processes and frameworks in place to ensure that every piece of content is able to have a reportable measure of success which enables better decision making and prioritisation by the wider content team.
What you'll do
- Be the expert in how to measure content success across multiple channels, experiences, customer segments and commercial outcomes so we are tracking and reporting on the right measures in an aligned way
- Collaborate across the content team to establish, embed and maintain reporting systems, processes and frameworks
- Ensure that actionable insights form part of all our reporting processes to inform better decision making, future prioritisation and that the content team can tell data stories through meaningful visualisations
- Work with data teams to bring new sources of data into our reporting capabilities so we know what is happening across all our channels and touchpoints
- Ensure that required data is accessible and usable by the content teams
- Use a range of simple and advanced analytical techniques and approaches to understand how our customers use our products and our content offerings
What you'll bring with you
- Significant reporting experience with strong data literacy skills earned through a mixture of experience with data, ideally from a commercial or product setting
- Proven experience working with Microstrategy and Salesforce, Python or R
- Experience delivering analytics in the form of visualisations and interactive dashboards, although a specific tool or software isn’t critical
- Experience in across a range of content types and channels is preferred
- Qualification and/or strong experience in applying statistics, mathematics, analytics to solve problems is preferred
- Able to establish processes, systems and frameworks and get buyin from team members and stakeholders to align to them
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
You’ve got this!