Business Analyst - 12 months FTC
Job Type: Full time
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
As a Business Analyst, you will be part of the New Zealand-based Finance Team which undertakes the Finance function for all of Xero’s worldwide operations. The Pay Team, within the wider Finance Team, is a global shared service. The purpose of the role is work collaboratively with the product, pay and PX teams to ensure an effective and successful implementation of the payroll system
About the Role
As a Business Analyst you will support the GM payroll and project team to build a deep understanding of the current payroll system, processes and pain points. You will translate these findings into insights and recommendations, to be shared with the GM payroll and project team to identify changes and improvements required in the new payroll solution. You will actively contribute towards the successful implementation of a new payroll solution to support Xero’s strategy, OKRs and business requirements.
What you’ll do
- Gather Payroll/business requirements from SMEs and key stakeholders internally (including Finance, People Experience and Enterprise Technology) and externally (including payroll vendor and consultancy)
- Contribute to the collation and analysis of process and system to inform system implementation planning
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders and SMEs to identify and map current state processes and pain points
- Create current state process and system analysis documentation and develop future state processes with the project team to review and provide feedback
- Review provider’s design documents against Xero’s requirements and provide recommendations
- Contribute to the monitoring and tracking of the system implementation against the requirements and timeline with the support of the GM Payroll and project manager
- Provide support between stages of system implementation to ensure continuity and cohesiveness, and alignment of product to strategy and roadmap.
- Identify and develop a performance measurement framework for the payroll system and associated processes
- Lead validation of Business Rules for Legislation and Internal Policy against the provider’s processes and systems
- Use data analytics to problem solve and recommend solutions
What you’ll bring with you
- Experience with agile processes in a payroll system implementation environment
- Experience in analysing data, providing insight and recommendations
- Experience in a problem-solving role using critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience as a valued team member working within teams to deliver customer / business outcomes
- Proven experience using HRIS software Workday HCM beneficial but not essential
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
You’ve got this!