Senior Production Planner
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
As part of our rapid growth at Abcam, we are looking for a Senior Production Planner to join our growing Supply Chain team and will be responsible for creating production schedules and ensure these production schedules meet the deadlines of our customers. It’s an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and progress as we are building our Production Planning team and global S&OP process and systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for determining actionable and efficient daily, weekly and monthly production schedules, taking into account available resources including material availability, labour, and equipment availability.
- Lead actions to resolve production back log, back orders and material supply constraints
- Spot opportunities for improving inventory utilisation to improve delivery performance
- Ensure planning schedule meets the needs of the customers and the business (inventory policy). Ensuring plans are created to deliver a best in class on time in full delivery (OTIF).
- Work collaboratively with the Global Supply Planning team to report on plans execution and capacity issues.
- Work collaboratively with the Demand execution team to strategically prioritize customer orders.
- Make recommendations regarding improvement to KPI measurement or data gathering.
- Troubleshoot system and process issues
- Create, maintain and report set KPI’s to outline production activities and effectiveness and assist effective decision-making in the organization.
- Support and lead where appropriate any site projects, identifying process inefficiencies and driving optimization to deliver increased productivity.
You have a degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience which has been gained in a manufacturing supply chain planning environment, or experience working in a biological or pharmaceutical manufacturing with a solid understanding of planning issues. You will have capacity planning experience in a manufacturing environment along with rough cut capacity planning, schedule adherence and planning execution. You have a strong understanding of supply chain planning aspects of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle and the ability to successfully apply different planning methodologies to bring a fresh perspective to challenging and complex supply constraints.
You will have an excellent understanding of LEAN and Continuous Improvement principles to initiate and support significant change initiatives and the ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritizing tasks and multi-tasking to achieve results. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.