Change Manager - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
An opportunity has recently arisen to join the Business Architecture and Change team as a Change Manager on a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will focus on supporting the key initiatives across Abcam. It is a fantastic chance for you to specialise in the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems, ways of working and delivering real, lasting change and sustainable business benefits. You will support teams implementing initiatives in a people centric way using our change management framework.
About the Business Architecture and Change team
Abcam has an ambitious strategy and a progressive transformation agenda. To help drive this agenda, Abcam has developed the Business Architecture and Change team. This team strives to evolve the capabilities essential for Abcam’s strategy through business wide insights, cross-functional collaborations, and change expertise. You will be part of the change team and will play a critical role in helping Abcam deliver key initiatives and applying change management best practices to help individuals and teams succeed through change.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering global projects as part of a project team and some understanding of the change management principles used at Abcam. You need to be excited about driving change in a people centric way. A change accreditation is beneficial (Prosci or equivalent).
You should be a team player, able to take responsibility and manage multiple competing priorities with a high attention to detail. We require a strong communicator with a flexible, well organised and adaptable approach. You should be a problem solver and creative thinker.
- Work with leadership teams across the world to set up successful sponsorship
- Work with stakeholders globally to map out and deliver exactly what is needed to land change successfully (including communications, coaching and training)
- Engage with leaders & Subject Matter Experts to understand and mitigate the functional change impacts
- Complete change management assessments such as impact assessments, readiness assessments, stakeholder analysis, potential resistance and change risk
- From the assessments create actionable change management deliverables into a plan covering: change communications, stakeholder and line manager activity, resistance management, user readiness activity and sustainability at project close
- Work closely with business and project teams to ensure they understand and are prepared to deliver against those plans
- Support the development of global change networks to strengthen engagement across Abcam businesses
- Work alongside the Abcam communications team to develop engaging messages to be cascaded within the business
- Arrange and facilitate workshops
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a great team, focused on helping Abcam deliver our strategic initiatives, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.