Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
About the Role
Working as part of the Data and Advanced Analytics team you will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of our internal data. Reporting to the Lead Insight Analyst, this role is responsible for extracting, transforming and presenting our data to develop insights and recommendations to help Abcam best serve the life sciences community. You will be working with stakeholders right across Abcam, from our sales and marketing teams, to our research and development team, promoting data focused business decisions and insights.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analysing and modelling internal data in order to suggest improvements, drive change, and allow us to best serve the needs of the life sciences community
- Become an internal expert on the organisation’s customer and product data, able to advise others on getting the best out of these sources
- Work with other members of the data and advanced analytics team to review and combine outputs and insights from different sources, providing joined up insight and building the bigger picture to guide the business
- Develop occasional Tableau dashboards and reports for internal stakeholders, allowing the right people to see the right data at the right time
- Deliver a great customer experience for colleagues across organisation, managing ad-hoc and regular requests for data, insight and analytics,
- Analytical thinker, methodical, inquisitive, and with a keen eye for detail
- Familiarity with at least one data analysis or extraction tool – e.g. Python, R, SQL
- Experience of working with data across its lifecycle to deliver business value
- Experience of working with visualisation and reporting tools such as Tableau or Power BI to turn data quality stats into information to support outcomes
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently, to deliver results
- Able to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications
- Appreciation of the GDPR and its impacts on customer data
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.