Receptionist - Part Time
Job Type: Part time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Part time Job share - 16 hours per week (Days/times to be agreed with other receptionist)
- Serves as a primary point of contact for all inquiries including managing phone calls, messages, and in-person visitors
- Greets and documents all visitors ensuring all guests have a visitor’s badge and are directed to their destination
- Manages the incoming and external mail
- Maintains the general office filing system
- Creates and maintains a welcoming environment in the reception area
- Passionate about delivering outstanding customer service
- Customer focused approach, with customer satisfaction being a core driver
- Excellent communications skills in all aspects of customer contact
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently from own initiative
- Demonstrates cultural awareness both internally and externally
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.