Head of Product Quality
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Due to internal progression, we now have an amazing opportunity to join Abcam as the Head of Product Quality. You will be responsible for the strategic direction and delivery of product quality in Abcam, delivering globally through multiple programmes in the Abcam.
Based in Cambridge, UK, the role holder will be responsible for the implementation of strategy to deliver the highest quality of products to Abcam customers through the professional lab teams. This will be delivered across multiple programme streams, advising on the quality required within streams. The role holder will have direct line managerial responsibility for the Quality team, and will be expected to present at aligned conferences, webinars and events. Additionally, the role holder will drive the operational arm of the complaints team, delivering high quality testing and analysis of complaints and complaint resolution. The role will report to the Senior Director of Validation and Technical Quality and is a leadership position in the R&D department so will be expected to play a leading role in quality discussions with colleagues in our Global locations, from Australia to the West coast of the US.
- Implementation of the strategy and delivery of product quality programmes in Abcam globally.
- Oversight and line managerial responsibility of the in-house operational complaints process driving improvements in the scientific quality of complaints testing, turnaround of testing and final quality decision
- Representation of the complaints team with Abcam customers with severe complaints.
- Representation of R&D globally in decisions of quality testing and strategic testing of targets for improving quality.
- Act as an external expert in quality and reproducibility of Abcam products in webinars, conferences and events.
You will have a PhD in a Life Sciences related subject with a wide range technical experience, including Western Blotting, Immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry and flow cytometry. You have an established track record of strategic thinking and driving high quality performance in teams and in products with an eye for detail and a questioning nature to drive the product quality through all of R&D. You will enjoy the challenge of a global role which will harness your skills in stakeholder management across the business.
You have a commercial mindset and understand customers and how to solve their problems so they become customers for life! You are a confident leader, running meeting agendas, organising multiple parties to work toward a common goal and other project management skills. You able to engage your team to deliver outstanding service internally as well as externally, whilst having the willingness to look beyond day-to-day tasks and collaborate with the larger organisation to attack broader issues impacting the wider Abcam business.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.