Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
In this new role for Abcam, you will be responsible for developing inspiring creative copy for all marketing activities, including campaigns, events, digital marketing, social media and offline activities. You will contribute to building a distinctive, powerful brand and bringing this to life in a compelling way, communicating key messages while inspiring audiences to act.
You will be an integral part of the wider marketing team, working alongside scientific writers, designers and digital channel owners to inject creative excellence into all our marketing communications. The role is rich in creativity, storytelling and innovation but also requires practical execution skills, so the ability to adapt at pace is key.
- Develop creative marketing copy for a range of platforms, including ads, website, email, social media and offline activities
- Own company tone and voice and how this can be adapted to different personas and situations
- Edit copy from a range of sources to ensure our tone and voice comes across through all marketing communications
- Work cross-functionally to develop brand, campaign and event messaging that translates into compelling marketing copy
- Lead on testing of copy with our audiences to drive performance and engagement and ensure findings are communicated and fed into future projects
- Work closely with Design team to develop creative concepts that work across copy and design
- Agency, corporate or freelance copywriting background, with experience of producing persuasive marketing communications, particularly short-form pieces such as ads
- Ability to question briefs to fully understand the requirements for each piece
- Ability to tailor messaging and style to resonate with different audiences
- Excellent attention to detail with strong proofreading skills
- Excellent organisational skills to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and build good working relationships
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.