Commercial Channel Manager - EMEA
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
To connect Abcam’s offering to customer’s need via customer defined systems and processes. This role will act as the commercial facilitator to position Abcam as a partner of choice in order to work with our customer’s to deliver their outcomes. With commercial experience across all segments of the Life Science customer sector the successful candidate will drive connection between people and processes to deliver Abcam’s products and solutions. The successful candidate will possess the communication, people and commercial skills to build strong, trusting internal and external partnerships to deliver mutual benefit. Working across the region, this role will be pivotal in driving the benefits of the sale team’s day to day activities in order to drive Abcam’s commercial targets.
- Responsible for delivery of revenue target across all ePro accounts in region
- In collaboration with regional sales account managers drive ePro growth via customer education and support post implementation
- Define and develop customer focused business solutions
- Develop relationships with customers at multiple organisational levels including researchers and procurement teams to realise new and repeat business opportunities
- Work with customers to understand their needs and develop optimised buying experiences which are integrated into the customer’s buying processes and systems
- Coordinate with cross functional teams (marketing, sales enablement, digital, service and finance) to drive new ePro business, and optimise growth in established ePro accounts
- Support the Director of Commercial Strategy in the development of aggregator and distributor strategy and be responsible for implementation in line with that strategy
- Liaise with platform providers (e.g. PO2GO, Jagger, Ariba) to coordinate and optimise Abcam’s offering
- Stay up to date with emerging purchasing trends across the Life Science industry
Education, Training & Qualifications
- BSc in Life science - desirable
Experience – work, research, voluntary, other
- Demonstrable commercial experience in life science industry
- Experience of collaborating with external partners on complex projects
- Experience of life science buying processes and platforms
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering excellent customer experience
- Experience of strategic change projects
Specific skills & abilities
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to adapt communication and influence at various levels of customer seniority
- Project Management of complex cross functional projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with a range of both internal and external stakeholders,
Ability to travel up to 30% of time
Career progression opportunities
- Sales Enablement
- Sales / Sales Leadership
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.