Graduate Procurement Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
With the support of the Global Category Lead, the Graduate Procurement Coordinator will be involved in a number of daily tasks for the Direct Materials category. This is great opportunity for a Graduate looking for their first role in a global Procurement Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Procurement and Category Managers to support the creation and maintenance of procurement catalogues and SKU’s within the Oracle system.
- Responsible for purchase requisition assessment, for the Creation/amendments to purchase orders and the management
- Supporting the additions of new products, ensuring these are on the system ready for ordering and also managing requests with suppliers.
- Contribute and adhere to procurement policies and procedures to improve the compliance agenda and drive best practices. (e.g., supplier documents, SRM, preferred supplier status, internal stakeholder engagement).
- Apply risk management techniques to ensure appropriate measures are taken to mitigate against financial, reputational, legal, business continuity and performance risk exposure. E.g running credit checks.
- Support the Procurement team with the creation and management of purchase agreements within the Oracle system. Liaising with cross functional teams where required.
You will have a relevant degree or previous experience within Procurement or Supply Chain management, preferably in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical/life sciences industries. This position requires a self-motivated individual so your ability to prioritise and multi-task in a high-paced environment is essential.
If you hold a CIPS this would be advantageous although not essential.
If you have the passion, appetite and willingness to learn how to apply the world of procurement systems and processes to the day-to-day business needs – this could be the job for you!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter, which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing.
This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.