Integration Platform Product Manager
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Abcam’s IT Team to lead an Integration Practice; to continue the journey in its growth and maturity. In this role you will oversee the core activities undertaken by the Practice around project delivery, platform strategy and the Centre for Enablement. You will have deep experience of managing Mulesoft and/or Kafka integration platforms. You will have responsibility for overall management of the core integration team, vendor operations and will manage budgets, stakeholders, escalations.
You will have ultimate responsibility for the platform roadmap and the Integration platform adoption in Abcam and own the value and performance metrics. You will be a strategic thinker for driving business opportunities to leverage the platform, championing integration and innovation. You will evangelise about the platform with both the IT Team and the wider business, ensuring we get maximum value from our integration capability.
Key Roles & responsibilities:
- Technical ownership of the platform roadmap, consisting of the Confluent Kafka, Anypoint Platform & CloudHub instances, core reusable assets, API lifecycle automation and API portfolio
- Build internal intellectual property regarding platform features and roadmap, including acting as a point of reference for Platform APIs
- To own the Portfolio of Integration based projects and ensure their timely delivery and success
- To work directly with internal project and business stakeholders early in the project lifecycle to provide guidance and ensure that integration needs are considered.
- Work with the integration architect to provide architectural design and support.
- To have overall accountability for the operation and support of the MuleSoft and Kafka platforms, ensuring that required availability and support levels are achieved.
- To plan the strategy and capacity with the Integration Architect to ensure the integration platforms support all Abcam’s requirements now and in the future.
- Manage partner relationships to aid delivery or support and lead on RFP’s ahead of any contract agreements and renewals.
- To act as an interface between development and support teams, ensuring required change management processes and Abcam Integration Practice standards are understood and followed.
- Responsible for API Lifecycle automation. Responsible for the catalogue of platform services, including re-useable assets (e.g. Anypoint Exchange) and the promotion of these within Abcam.
- Supports resource planning, reporting performance metrics, onboards new resources.
- To ensure project reporting, risk and issue management are all conducted in-line with Abcam standards.
- To consider how to successfully plan and execute platform and API based upgrades and platform improvements.
- To manage all funding, risks and issues associated with the Integration Practice.
You will have proven experience of working as part of an Integration practice in a senior capacity. You will be technically competent with hands-on experience across the software development lifecycle. Product knowledge of MuleSoft or equivalent integration platform and Kafka is key, with deep understanding of how these operate within complex application landscapes. You will have good knowledge of Cloud platforms (iPaas, PaaS, IaaS and SaaS), features and capabilities.
You will have strong programme delivery and management skills and will be adept at dealing with multiple high-pressure projects simultaneously. You will be used to building cross functional teams between business, Digital and partner operations and managing these through the project lifecycle. Knowing about or having experience of running a MuleSoft Centre for Enablement or equivalent practice is preferred. You will be passionate about integrations and should be able to enthuse others on the subject and impart to both business and development teams, the benefits that the platform can offer and how to utilise it to its fullest.
Ideally, you will be well versed in supplier and vendor management and have experience of ensuring that proposals, statements of work and contracts are reviewed and ensure they hit project deliverables and milestones.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be able to explain complex technical concepts to a less technical audience as well as work with Architects and specialists. You will be a true team player, keen share your knowledge and skills.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.