Accounts Payable Administrator
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
As we continue to grow (another 15% last year), we need to build our teams to continue to deliver exceptional service to our customers. A key part of this is making sure our finance teams can support the rest of the business so we have a new opportunity to join our Accounts Payable team in Cambridge, UK. The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for the day to day processing of purchase invoices and queries. Delivering a 1st class service and taking responsibility for their allocated tasks, queries, challenges and objectives.
- Timely and accurate processing of purchase invoices.
- Statement reconciliation.
- Timely scanning of documentation, saved under appropriate and easy to identify titles in correct locations.
- Support process improvement initiatives as directed and provide feedback to the leadership team with respect to implementation progress.
- Query resolution, to be striving for one touch resolution, actively seek positive conclusions to supplier and internal queries with drive to have a reputation as a 1st class Payables department. Achieve this by proactively working both with counterparts in the business and suppliers accordingly
- Maintain employee and supplier confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure compliance with SOP's, SOX and accounting policies manual at all times.
You will have experience within an accounts payable function and be comfortable processing high volumes of invoices and queries. You have excellent attention to detail with good numerical and analytical skills. You are an excellent communicator and fluent in both written and verbal English. You are proficient using Microsoft Office and finance systems - we have Oracle Fusion which can be learned if you have used other systems.
You have the ability to work to deadlines in a challenging and changing environment. Initially, you will be in the office while training but we have hybrid working of 3 days per week office based and 2 at home when you are fully up to speed. With a growing business and growing finance team across the globe, if this could be a great next step in your finance journey, apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.