Senior Quality Engineer
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer for our Digital Customers platform and to drive the practice of quality at Abcam. The ideal candidate will have experience using the Cypress testing framework and will be able to drive the testing strategy using a shift-left approach.
The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for reviewing our current testing setup, identifying gaps in testing by assessing functional requirements, and implementing innovative solutions to improve our testing processes. The candidate should be able to keep up with current technology and testing trends, and should be able to communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
- Write and review end-to-end, integration and unit tests to ensure code quality
- Collaborate to maintain Continuous Integration pipelines and ensure a smooth development cycle
- Review and assess current testing setup, identify gaps in testing coverage
- Implement a shift-left approach to testing, ensuring that testing is done early in the development cycle
- Utilize the Cypress testing framework to automate testing processes
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to develop and implement a comprehensive testing strategy
- Stay up-to-date with current technology and testing trends, and bring new ideas and approaches to the team
- Communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders about testing progress and issues
- 5+ years of experience in software testing
- Proficiency in the Cypress testing framework
- Working Knowledge of API testing tools such as Jest
- Experience working within a Test-Driven Development environment
- Experience with optimizing code for performance and quality
- Experience using CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Experience with shift-left testing approaches
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to stay current with technology and testing trends
A Computer Science Degree would be beneficial but not essential, we are keen to see solid skills and experience alongside a passion for technology and an enthusiasm to learn.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.