Interim Group Tax Manager
Job Type: Contract/temp
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Reporting directly to the Global Director of Tax, the role is in charge of Abcam’s group tax reporting and in charge of corporate tax compliance in the UK and overseas jurisdictions, excluding the US. A key part of the role is also to be a pivotal part of group tax planning and other group projects in order to help Abcam’s business to be set up and operate in a tax efficient manner.
- Prepares the group statutory tax reporting financial statement disclosures, both annually and quarterly
- Prepares the UK Corporation Tax returns, liaising, where needed with external providers
- Manages the outsourced preparation of corporate tax returns for Abcam’s overseas entities, excluding US entities
- Manages outside consultants on projects such as capital allowances analysis of significant fixed asset investments and Research & Development tax credits
- Manages the group’s transfer pricing policy and initiates the necessary accounting adjustments to implement that policy
- Maintains and updates SOX controls concerning taxes
- Manages automation initiatives which impact corporate taxes
- Provides tax input on company projects such as company reorganisations, corporate acquisitions and business expansion plans
- Provides the business with tax input to projects on an ongoing basis
- Proactively advise the business on the impact of tax legislative changes
- Elevates the tax department’s value and visibility within the organisation
- ACA / CTA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in tax compliance and reporting positions
- Excellent level of UK Corporation Tax technical knowledge
- Knowledge of Research & Development tax projects and, preferably, Patent Box deduction
- Some experience of international taxes
- Good tax accounting skills, including deferred tax
- Experience with working with Oracle
- US GAAP knowledge preferred, but not essential
- Ability to communicate complex tax terms and ideas to non-financial colleagues
- An enquiring mind with an ability to identify problems and provide potential solutions
- Team player, especially in working with multiskilled and multinational teams, including outside of the finance function
- Dedicated, agile and audacious in being able to improve systems, processes and the way things are done
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage time and to manage concurrent projects to deliver high quality work
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes a highly flexible working environment and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.