Finance Shared Services Manager
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
As we continue to grow, we also continue to grow our teams. We have a new role in the global finance team, which comprises over 100 people with a large team based out of Cambridge, UK but also teams in the USA, China, and the wider APAC region.
The Finance Shared Services Manager will report to the Finance Director, Group Reporting, based in Cambridge, UK, and will manage a team of 5 direct reports and an overall team of approx. 30 who are based in the US and the UK. The role is responsible for leading the Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) teams and is a key role within the Group Reporting team. In addition to leading the team, the role with drive a transformation agenda including systems and process change that will develop the team into a best in class function.
The role works closely with the wider finance community and also requires building strong relationships internally with customer service, procurement, digital and sales and service leads along with key customers and suppliers externally. The role will help build and establish a strong shared service function that is effective and cohesive. Around 10% travel to the US will be required to enhance connectivity with the global team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of c30 people who are engaged and highly effective across two geographies. The directs team consists of 3 AR team leaders managing debt for the US and EMEA markets, an EMEA and US AP manager and a Shared Services Project Improvement Lead.
- Build and develop a cohesive shared service function, ensuring that teams are engaged, fully trained and workload is balanced throughout the team. This will include ensuring the team is appropriately resourced and structured, and supporting them with their development goals.
- Develop effective processes and implement system enhancements where appropriate to ensure both AP and AR operate effectively and efficiently. This will include reviewing best practice, maximising the system to create automation, implementing standardised processes and ensuring the team are appropriately trained.
- Develop KPI reporting to set targets and monitor performance of the teams and processes.
- Ensure both month end and quarter end requirements are met including aged debt provisioning and collections reporting
- Develop key relationships with customer service, procurement, digital and sales and service leads creating effective working end to end processes.
- Ensure key controls as part of a SOX environment are designed and operating effectively and audit requirements are met .
You are an experienced finance professional, either from a qualified accountancy or finance shared service environment. You have a track record and experience of building, developing and leading global, large, effective and engaged transactional teams. You have working knowledge of accounts receivable and payable processes and procedures and have implemented process improvement initiatives and leading through change.
You have strong communication skills to go with excellent leadership skills, enabling you to develop great working relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally. You are proficient with finance systems with strong excel skills and experience of Oracle Fusion would be great. A finance qualification would also be great but your leadership experience will be key to this role.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in a growing business, apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.