Intermediate Full Stack Engineer
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to contribute towards our omnichannel platform and to drive the practice of full stack at Abcam. You will have a broad set of people and technical skills and product achievements, a development and customer focused mindset to solving problems, and bring news ideas and digital thinking into our global engineering capability.
You’ll enjoy being part of the team if you…
- Have experience developing commercial event driven microservices architecture – we use Kafka, SNS, SQS, PostgreSQL & Dynamo amongst others
- Have experience deploying software for Cloud Environments - (AWS and K8s)
- Are well versed in micro-frontend development in React with ideally Next.js. We use Typescript extensively across all our microservices.
- Have some exposure to GraphQL or willingness to learn it.
- Understand the value of continuous integration, continuous delivery and strive for a high level of automation. Previous demonstrable experience working with CI pipelines is a must.
- Have some exposure to Kafka or willingness to learn it.
- Are strongly collaborative using Agile and Lean methodologies, working in a DevOps environment, and following software engineering best practices
- Can make a positive impact on the open, supportive, and creative culture of the team. This would make you stand out from the crowd
Kudos if you ..
- Are able to articulate and demonstrate how to use software development techniques and methods to deliver new digital solutions
- Are Self-starter and able to collaborate and manage efforts with teams across geography and time zones; acts as an informed leader and make data-backed decisions on behalf of Abcam
- Are curious, audacious and not afraid to ask questions, give feedback, challenge the way things are done today and own improvements to culture and process.
- Can inform, educate and develop team members and peers to grow expertise, develop alignment and encourage collaboration
- Are able to present ideas and solutions concisely and in an engaging manner to both large and small audiences; comfortable working in an environment that encourages creative thinking and critical feedback of ideas
- Are passionate about driving engineering culture and being part of a high energy, supportive, engaged and passionate team
A Computer Science Degree would be beneficial but not essential, we are keen to see solid skills and experience alongside a passion for technology and an enthusiasm to learn.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.