Finance Analyst – Research and Development (R&D)
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
abcam is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Finance Analyst to join our dynamic Costing and Inventory team. As a crucial member of the team, you will play a vital role in ensuring accurate recording of R&D activities for Construction in Progress (CIP) assets and R&D generated inventory.
The role includes:
- Collaborate with global R&D and Costing teams to ensure consistent application of processes for CIP assets and R&D generated inventory, reflecting the activities of the business accurately.
- Establish new processes promptly to accommodate new activities and align them with financial processes.
- Partner with the R&D team to ensure accurate and timely input of data into the costing team, including timesheet information.
- Maintain schedules supporting asset, CIP, and inventory balances on the balance sheet.
- Work closely with the R&D Finance team to provide detailed analysis and reporting on the drivers behind the numbers and variances to budget.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and modeling as required.
The ideal candidate will be ACA/CIMA/ACCA part qualified. Experience in a R&D or Costing & Inventory function is desirable, but not necessary. A minimum bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is required with at least 1 year of industry experience.
You should have excellent analytical skills and be able to get into the detail whilst also maintaining an appreciation for the “bigger picture”. You should possess strong communication skills with the ability to disseminate complex accounting topics to non-financial stakeholders in an understandable and engaging way.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.