Credit Controller - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Job Type: Contract/temp
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
As we continue to grow, we need to bring in fresh talent to support our teams and customers. We now need 2 new Credit Controllers to join the Accounts Receivable team, initially for a 6 month contract. The role is responsible for performing the core day to day activities within Accounts Receivable. This includes specific responsibility for regular chasing of outstanding debts from customers and for processing customer receipts within Oracle in a timely manner, alongside responding to internal and external customer queries within 24 hours.
- Review the aged debt reports daily and complete timely chasing of outstanding debt allocated to you. Keeping up to date concise customer records.
- Responsible for matching unallocated customer receipts to invoices where appropriate.
- Responsible for agreeing and reviewing credit limits. Monitoring compliance with those limits with a view to proactively dealing with tight limits.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with other departments in order to promote AR shared services.
- Monitor and maintain the unallocated receipts on the Customer Receipts worksheet. Work with the AR team as s whole to identify and remedy the correct allocation of unallocated receipts.
- Resolve any customer queries as soon as possible in line with department KPI (72 hrs) with reissues being carried out within 72 hours of being identified to us.
You will have a basic understanding of accountancy and finance and have good numerical and analytical skills with a great attention to detail. You have experience working in a fast paced office environment and using Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook. You are a great communicator and able to communicate effectively with business customers, at all levels, over the phone and by email
It would be great if you have some experience in Accounts Receivable or Credit Control along with finance systems (we use Oracle Fusion) but not essential. You have the ability to work to deadlines in a challenging and changing environment. Initially, you will be in the office while training but we have hybrid working of 3 days per week office based and 2 at home when you are fully up to speed. With a growing business and growing finance team across the globe, if this could be a great next step in your finance journey, apply now
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing, along with free tea, coffee and soft drinks available in the office and a subsidised cafeteria. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.