Senior UX Designer
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to lead on delivering intuitive, customer focused experiences designed across desktop and mobile. The role will work as part of a cross-functional team alongside technical squads, Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and other UX disciplines, in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, delivering continuous value across agile sprints.
As a member of the Digital Customer Team, you’ll be in good company working alongside a multi-disciplinary team with expertise honed at recognized leading brands.
We require a designer that can hit the ground running, working on big idea and day to day delivery. Contributing to the product direction and producing designs, experimenting, researching, and refining deliveries with engineers.
This role will focus on supporting new digital innovation strategies, operating flexibly to respond to opportunities as they develop. The ideal candidate has a combination experience of agency and client-side experience and works efficiently within time constraints, independently and as part of a team.
- Experience implementing research methods; usability testing and user interviews. We’re looking for someone who can identify what information the project requires and twin this with appropriate methods and activities. We also have UX Research that can support activities.
- Ability to design and simplify complex user journeys/ flows
- Experience utilising and translating customer research and feedback
- Ability to lead on UX design from flows to wireframes, using collaborative design tools, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to support parallel workstreams that operate in a fast-paced agile environment, whilst understanding the importance of timely delivery
- Proven record designing best practice experiences, using a mix of design capability and collaboration
- Demonstrate brand consistency, working with design systems and aligning design output to global guidelines
- Collaboration on sprint planning, leading on UX priorities and requirements with Product Managers
- Experience empathizing with and representing the user during the design process
- Naturally proactive, identifying and proposing continuous improvement across current and new projects
- Proven experience with facilitation of customer research and User-Centered Design methods. Utilising output to propose solutions that address user pain-points and support key metrics
- Understand the need to balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities
- Good understanding of code and can communicate with developers to convey UX led ideas
- An understanding that the design phase is only part of the process
- Degree in UX, Interaction or related Design field
- Working as a senior UX Designer, on a large ecommerce environment preferred (or similar)
- Excellent communication skills to convey design ideas and requirements
- Experience with Figma, Zeplin, design systems, Sketch or similar
- Experience working with external vendors and/or agencies in an agile environment, whilst understanding the value of an iterative process
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels
We are looking for a proactive individual that demonstrates the drive and desire to deliver projects to a high standard.
As part of our UX recruitment process, it is important that we can review candidate current and past work. Please include a link to your portfolio and prototypes which reflects a strong understanding of UX research, interaction and the requirements above.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.