Strategic Account Manager UK
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Abcam is a successful and fast-growing life science company specializing in the production and sale of antibodies and related protein research tools to scientific research organizations. To support our continued growth, we are looking for a talented and driven sales professional to join our dynamic sales team.
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for the generation of new business and managing a portfolio of key pharma/biotech accounts across both industry and academia. The position will be based remotely (home office) in the UK and will report into the Sales Director, EMEA.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services, which includes Primary Antibodies, Conjugation, Assays, Cell Engineering, Proteins and custom solutions, plus eventual additional new initiatives developed by the organisation.
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in strategic accounts with a special focus on high potential accounts in the territory and develop the appropriate Key Opinion Leader network
- Develop an Account Plan for each target organisation that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities to achieve the revenue targets
- Adopt the CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into key accounts.
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Prospect for new business within target market segments
- Continually provide market feedback to the organisation around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
You will have significant experience of selling research products and services into high potential fast growing accounts. In addition, you will have a good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed.
You have experience of prospecting for new business, developing account plans and to be able to communicate effectively, both commercially and technically, to cultivate long term, relationships with key customers.
It would be great if you had a degree, MSc or PhD in biological sciences and experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry but your industry experience and proven ability to strategically develop key accounts is essential. Travel both domestic and international is required of up to 50% which includes face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.