Director Data Applications & Automation
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
The Director of Data Applications & Automation will be responsible for overseeing the development, implementation and operation of abcam’s product master data management solutions and robotic process automations. With end-to-end accountability for the digital solutions that drive our product lifecycle, this role is a key enabler to accelerate our time to market, increase our agility to develop new products and to progress our future vision of a seamlessly integrated and fully digitalized lab environment.
This role is a key member of the Data & Analytics (D&A) leadership team that needs to influence across the organisation using a strong blend of technical expertise, leadership skills, ideation, and execution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar leadership role managing digital product or application teams
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working with software development or digital product or feature teams
- Strong track record establishing and managing digital projects or product teams
- Well versed in a variety of methodologies incl. product-led, agile, kanban and waterfall methodologies
- Experience defining and monitoring internal and external service level agreements (SLAs)
- Experience managing relationships with external service providers and international development teams
- Deep understanding of product master data and product lifecycle management, ideally within the life sciences industry
- Ability to consult with business leaders to define strategic plans, construct business cases and lead complex data change programs
- Exposure to total data quality management or comparable data quality frameworks is beneficial
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.