Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
We are seeking to appoint a Legal Counsel to support our global business on general commercial matters, but particularly focusing on commercial tenders, in-licensing and data protection matters. You will be motivated to be part of a highly regarded team looking to build a fantastic legal function by offering true solutions led support. The role will report to our Deputy General Counsel who leads the Commercial Legal team, and is based at Abcam’s head office in Cambridge, UK.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Advising on data protection issues relating to the global business, including reviewing data privacy impact assessments, negotiating and drafting data protection agreements, and assisting with our data subject access request processes.
- Supporting our global sales team, particularly in relation to e-procurement and tenders but also negotiating and drafting MSAs, custom development agreements, supply agreements, MTAs etc.
- Supporting our in-licensing team by negotiating and drafting both in- and out-licenses.
- Developing and provide training for the global business with respect to legal issues, policies and procedures with a focus on our annual data protection courses.
- Providing support on compliance matters
Our ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with at least 3 years PQE, a strong academic background and who has supported life sciences clients in private practice and/or worked in-house in a life sciences organization. A degree or higher in a natural sciences discipline would also be an advantage, but is not essential.
We are looking for someone who can work with global cross functional teams with both senior and junior stakeholders. You must be able to demonstrate your ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and have a high degree of work ethic, integrity and professional transparency.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.